Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Camera

Reaction score
i just got my H in and I did all the calibrations, when I lifted off I noticed the camera didn't move with the movements of the drone it just stayed still. Then, when it was landed just slowly panned to the right, any ideas?

i just got my H in and I did all the calibrations, when I lifted off I noticed the camera didn't move with the movements of the drone it just stayed still. Then, when it was landed just slowly panned to the right, any ideas?
Are you gimbal control switches in the correct location? Top left of the st16.

I actually put them in the right pattern I believe right after I had posted this, but just to make sure what is the correct sequence they should be in?

Depends on what you want the camera to do.

Every time I calibrate the gimbal it just spins in a circle very slowly after it finishes until I restart the TH. The only thing I can think of is turn it off, then on.

Don't know how to show a pic on here but I have my tilt mode shifted in the middle and my pan mode set to up F and pan control to middle and it stopped doing it. Plus when I had calibrated the compass I was winding it backwards instead of forwards which makes me believe it could of been that because after I did calibrate it spinning the drone forward, it worked fine. Not sure if these two things correlate together, but it works now.

Pre-flight 101

Prior to arming the H in preparation for take off, place all the switches on the ST-16 in a position "away" from you, except the one on the furthest right. This switch arrangement also locks the camera facing forward to always align with the front of the H, and puts the gear switch in the down position. The right most switch is your flight mode switch. Away from you is Smart mode, middle is Angle mode, and bottom is RTH, which will not allow you to take off with the switch in this position. Decide what mode you want to take off in and position this switch accordingly. Position the gimbal knob in the center detent.

Place the sliders on both sides of the ST-16 in the upper most position. The left slider will aim the camera to the highest point the switch position will allow, and the right slider will then be in Rabbit mode for the fastest control response. You can adjust this one to a slower speed after take off and getting into a hover 6-10' off the ground.

For the gimbal switches, the left most switch controls the maximum elevation of the camera. If you like to fly as fast as you can or like seeing your props in the imagery all the time, place this switch in the lowest position. For most flights the upper position works out the best. The middle position does nothing.

If you want to pan the gimbal you will have to move the middle switch towards you. You will also need to move the gimbal knob away from the center detent. If you move the gimbal knob away from the center detent and leave it away the gimbal will continue to rotate at a speed relative to the knob position as long as the knob remains away from the center detent.

Play with this stuff on the ground a little to learn how it all works, and read the quick start guide and the revised manual in this forum.

Reactions: typhoontrisroy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy