Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H commited suicide after 2 years of great friendship

Sometimes lipos take a few flights to come around full circle.Mine have dropped voltage a short time after startup ,same as yours,esp. if you throttled up and out quite a bit,but a ten minute warning is not the greatest.I would discharge to storage and fully charge again and test,after 10 minutes keep it close,and don't guess at the time,it really flies when you are having fun. There is considerable flight time left between 15.8 and 14.6. That is where I come down . Not taking any chances. Do you have a way to check internal resistance? T Energy has a simple cheap tester,I use,just to check. All 4 cells should be below 10,prefer 2 or 4 MOH.Be careful try it a few times. 15.6 is good arrival voltage,3.8 each cell for storage,close enough EH! Keith C.

Going to be difficult to get IR readings below 2 with a power 4 battery never got that low with brand new fresh 2018 batteries, maybe 3rd party LiPos.

I'll measure IR tomorrow, no tools right now.

For now it's at 3.8V on each cell, tomorrow i'll charge it again at 2A and test it again with second drone, but i don't think it's aircraft fault.

To make it clear, what's the 1st warning, 2nd warning and auto RTH voltage level?

I'll measure IR tomorrow, no tools right now.

For now it's at 3.8V on each cell, tomorrow i'll charge it again at 2A and test it again with second drone, but i don't think it's aircraft fault.

To make it clear, what's the 1st warning, 2nd warning and auto RTH voltage level?
To be honest I don't know. I have heard it and felt it but concenrated on getting the drone down. There are guys on here that can,may even say in the extended manual you can get off this site. I'm sure with what your going thru you already have that downloaded. It is my second bible. Keith C.

First warning is 14.3V, second is 14.1, and auto land (not RTH) is shortly after the second warning. It may be 13.8V. I have seen many cases of telemetry where the aircraft did not stay airborne much past the second warning, especially with aging batteries.

Second charge from storage took 90 minutes at 2.5A, all cells at 4.20V.
Today i've used second aircraft, same voltage drop. I know how to fly gently, today i've made around 3700m distance above old soccer field, max. altitude 8 meters, gentle fyling without power climbs and hovering too much, can't be more gentle.

This initial voltage drop is very simmilar to damaged battery that crashed my 1st drone.
Flight time 10 minutes from take off to first battery warning at 14.3V
Still have no tool to measure resistance but it won't change anything, just confirm that pack is dead.

Elevation_histogram_1.png

Negative altitude during middle flight is because i was flying 10cm above grass :) Probably gps error.

I feel your pain, my H fell out of the sky after owning it for about a year. I sent it to Yuneec with all of the flight data and they agreed it had a power failure with a full battery. After they fixed and repaired it, it was never the same. Little issues like the camera gimble would always get stuck and shake back and forth, my left analog sticks up and down movement quit. It just become a risk flying it because I was afraid it would fly off somewhere and fall on top of a person, house, car etc. I have not flown it in over a year and will never buy another Yuneec product again. I know a lot of people are happy with the product, but I wish I had my $1600 back.

I'm so pissed off, this china scam battery is totally ****. I've requested money back, seller said i have to charge battery before use. Really? Best advice and support.

Today i've charged it again for quick mission and praying drone won't fall from sky. Used balance charge at 2A, took about 90 minutes to charge and balance all cells to 4.20V.
From 16.8V to 14.3V first warning: 11 minutes 20 seconds, impressive...

Very nice voltage drop, just after takeoff i got 15.6V
Elevation_histogram_3.png

Just don't buy this trash batteries.

Week ago i've done mod for one of H480, now i can use custom hard case packs up to 8000mAh.
Battery frame was modded and OBS module removed, also RS cable removed.
Soldered 12AWG cable to connector and ran between battery bay and bottom cover. Drilled 2 holes in led cover and soldered XT90 connector.
Now i need money for 7000mAh packs :(
And probably will do a GPS/compass mod, we will see how it behaves with hardcase type, will it help to isolate battery noise from compass?

IMG_20200528_150432.jpg

This battery fails became a nightmare.
Recived new custom pack from China and it should be 6500mAh but it's only 3000mAh.

This is impossible, first Chineese battery replacement 5400mAh is maybe 4000mAh at best and weak as ****, and this instead of 6500mAh is 3000mAh at best. Charger shows 2900mAh from 14.5V to full charge. Flight time 8 minutes from 16.8V to 14.3V, huge compass warning spam, gps tower is a must. Also initial voltage drop is noticable so i've check the aircraft on Power4 pack and i got 16 minutes flight time easly to 14.3V so that's not the aircraft fault.

What should i do, waste more money on battery hunt or buy new charger, actually i have iMax B6 chineese version.

Chineese guy says the battery capacity 6500mAh is from 12V to 16.8V, good luck with that. Already got refund but i've bought 2 more of those batteries on summer sale before i knew they are useless, after H crash i have already spend 300 euros for batteries and none of them working :(

I've finished doing business with China for good.

OK. Možná budete muset zahájit druhé vlákno, abyste diskutovali o FlightLogs. Toto vlákno se stalo diskusí o tom, co dělat se zbytky. Bude těžké zde oddělit dva předměty.

Mezitím řeknu, že něco vytvořilo rychlý odběr napětí, a to je moje současné zaměření. Baterie se vybila za méně než 30 sekund od zahájení události až do havárie. Souvisí s vybitím baterie:
Vypadá to, že je baterie v dobrém stavu? Nějaký důkaz o selhání baterie?
Vybití baterie může být způsobeno ztrátou jediného listu vrtule. Byly rekvizity OEM Yuneec Blades?
Vzhledem k poloze a ročnímu období, existují důkazy nebo možnosti stávky ptáků?
Jedná se o velmi předběžná pozorování a nemusí být ani na správné cestě. Vaše odpovědi pomohou soustředit recenzi.
Ahoj. Můžeš mi říci, kde koupit baterie na Typhon H? Nejsou v obchodě nebo jsou drahé. Kde sehnat baterie?. Dík za informaci.

Google translate:

Hi. Can you tell me where to buy batteries for Typhon H? They are not in the store or are expensive. Where to get batteries ?. Thanks for the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahoj. Můžeš mi říci, kde koupit baterie na Typhon H? Nejsou v obchodě nebo jsou drahé. Kde sehnat baterie ?. Dík za informaci.
Co budeme dělat, když nebudou prodávat baterie. Dá se baterie nějak nahradit? jiné baterie mají vyšší volty o 0.5 Voltu a prý nejdou do Taphon H.

Google Translate:

What will we do if they don't sell batteries. Can the battery be replaced in any way? other batteries have 0.5 Volts higher volts and are said to not go to Taphon H.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only company I know of that makes batteries for the Typhoon H is GiFi Power. Here is a link to the battery they make for the H480 series 8050mah 4S, 14.8V LiPO Battery For YUNEEC TYPHOON H

The batteries they make for the Typhoon H Plus and H520 are LiHV batteries instead of LiPo batteries. They can actually be used in the Typhoon H, but you have to watch the voltage telemetry and be on the ground before reaching 14.7V. You will not get the Low Voltage alarms until the LiHV battery is completely depleted and damage done to the cells. The LiHV batteries also take a different charger.

The third option is to modify the H480 to be able to use standard 4S LiPo packs. It doesn’t look sleek, but a wider range of batteries becomes available.

The only company I know of that makes batteries for the Typhoon H is GiFi Power. Here is a link to the battery they make for the H480 series 8050mah 4S, 14.8V LiPO Battery For YUNEEC TYPHOON H

The batteries they make for the Typhoon H Plus and H520 are LiHV batteries instead of LiPo batteries. They can actually be used in the Typhoon H, but you have to watch the voltage telemetry and be on the ground before reaching 14.7V. You will not get the Low Voltage alarms until the LiHV battery is completely depleted and damage done to the cells. The LiHV batteries also take a different charger.

The third option is to modify the H480 to be able to use standard 4S LiPo packs. It doesn’t look sleek, but a wider range of batteries becomes available.
Thank you for your message. It is necessary to find out how it can be used. I was also considering a replacement with connectors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval