Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Controller does NOT detect SD Card

Reaction score
I just got a Typhoon H (Thanks to a 'good' bundle at Costco) and am struggling with few basics. Hopefully you guys have quick answers as I could not find any online.

1. The controller complains that it does not detect an SD card, even though there is a 32 GB inserted in the controller. Such card works fine on a Windows machine, but when I try to format it in the controller, it simply says 'Card Not detected' ...

2. When I try to enable the OBS Switch (Obstacle Avoidance System), I get an error message on the screen that OBS is NOT available.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
the SD card goes into the camera just below the lens. The obstacle avoidance may not work until you get it up into the air. I never use my obstacle avoidance
Thank you ... and here I am, inserted an SD card in the controller, and totally forgot about the camera :(

I just got a Typhoon H (Thanks to a 'good' bundle at Costco) and am struggling with few basics. Hopefully you guys have quick answers as I could not find any online.

1. The controller complains that it does not detect an SD card, even though there is a 32 GB inserted in the controller. Such card works fine on a Windows machine, but when I try to format it in the controller, it simply says 'Card Not detected' ...

2. When I try to enable the OBS Switch (Obstacle Avoidance System), I get an error message on the screen that OBS is NOT available.

What am I doing wrong?

Do you have advanced on?

Thank you ... and here I am, inserted an SD card in the controller, and totally forgot about the camera :(

Other than for being used for updates, there is no need to have a SD card in the ST16.

Read the instructions. They are in a foldout sheet called quick start guide. Regardless of what it is, first read the instructions before using it if you haven't used it before...

Reactions: THoff
Doesn't the ST16 record telemetry on the MicroSD card in the ST16? I've always left my SD card in my transmitter.

It does not record telemetry to the card. It records direct to -16 memory files. You transfer files to a card later if desired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop