Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H doing bizarre things

Inside of controller is intact. Nothing appears loose or out of
Place
No, no out of place. Everything is on place. Potentiometers are not fixed and you can slightly move them with fingers. Especially these for horizontal stick movements. This is known issue for ST16. This small movement alter the calibration process and overal stability.

You should prepare new calibration too, and without rounding stick movements. Up, down, left, right - slow and steady.

This is something I haven't seen. Give me a while to try to create the issue.
Please confirm for us that the Flight Mode is selected to MODE 2 as in @DoomMeister's picture above.
Would you be willing to send the controller to me?
Does any one else recognize this issue? Please note the two affected channels are on two different sticks.

Reactions: Steve Carr
This is something I haven't seen. Give me a while to try to create the issue.
Please confirm for us that the Flight Mode is selected to MODE 2 as in @DoomMeister's picture above.
Would you be willing to send the controller to me?
Does any one else recognize this issue? Please note the two affected channels are on two different sticks.

It is in mode 2. At this point it is useless and if you think you can fix it or at least try to troubleshoot it have at it. I’m stumped

I don’t believe it can be the pots due to channels being on different sticks. It appears to be a hardware or software glitch.

Is this the first mixer board we have seen go bad? Should be interesting to see what you find.

It is the first I know of that mixes it's channels, but does not show the mix in channel settings. I hope to find something that can be "user repaired" over the Forum. I worry that it may just be a "swaptronics" project to replace a defective component. At least we will know the component.
He has a couple more things he can try before sending it (clearing APP data and a full reload of the firmware update). I guess there is a chance one of those might correct the glitch.

It is the first I know of that mixes it's channels, but does not show the mix in channel settings. I hope to find something that can be "user repaired" over the Forum. I worry that it may just be a "swaptronics" project to replace a defective component. At least we will know the component.
He has a couple more things he can try before sending it (clearing APP data and a full reload of the firmware update). I guess there is a chance one of those might correct the glitch.
I thought clearing the data was one of the steps in the factory reset, or am I thinking of a firmware update?

The factory reset does clear the APP data. At least it should. It's also a step in the firmware update. I suggested it first as a manual way to see the result. Then a firmware update as a wild card in hopes of clearing some unidentified "breakdown" glitch in the existing programming. Obviously grabbing at straws, but if either should actually work, it would save from being without a controller for a few days while it comes up here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval