Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Drone Photography and Video Class this summer

Reaction score
I’ll be teaching two, two day classes on how to get the best video and stills out of your Typhoon H
Drone. If you don’t own one I’ll have four of them for you to use. These classes will be taught at the Peninsula School of Art, Fish Creek, WI. Each class is two days in length the cost is $250. One class assumes you already own a drone the other class I will be providing drones for you to learn on.

These are small classes with lots of individual attention with what you need to know for producing
professional results with regarding to telling a story with photos or video. We will also be editing
our work and I’ll discuss my flying experiences from the amazon Basin to Iceland.

For more about my background visit www.michaelkienitz.com you will also find contact information
if you wish to contact me with questions about how the class will be conducted. You can also send me a PM here. I’ve previously taught classes at The University of Wisconsin, Madison in Drone Video and Photography. I've been a professional photographer for over 40 years and been flying drones for 8 years.
Enrolment deadline is May 21.

Workshop: Introduction to Drone Photography and Video
Dates and Times: June 18-19 | 9am-4pm
Web Link: penart.org/PH1804mk

Workshop: Photography and Video Using Your Small Drone
Dates and Times: June 20-21 | 9am-4pm
Web Link: penart.org/PH1805mk

You’re welcome. The opportunity to learn from masters of the craft are far and few between so thanks goes to you for presenting such an opportunity.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
If there is enough interest you might want to take your show on the road. I would think that here in Florida alone there would be many who would be interested in attending.

Perhaps we could do that in the winter...I almost came down to Florida to teach at a school of architecture a couple years after they heard about my class at the University of Wisconsin but we had scheduling conflicts.

If you do offer your classes in Florida, I would be interested as well. I am a photographer, but just recently added drones as an additional tool, so there is still much I could learn.

Florida in the winter is the place to be.! Lots of people will be here. Heck you might even be able to get Steve Carr to come down from the frozen North Country for a visit and thawing out. Just imagine the great time we could have with Ron, Steve, Ty, and many others. This could be the making of the First Annual Yuneec Pilots Convention!!

Last edited:
Florida in the winter is the place to be.! Lots of people will be here. Heck you might even be able to get Steve Carr to come down from the frozen North Country for a visit and thawing out. Just imagine the great time we could have with Ron, Steve, Ty, and many others. This could be the making of the First Annual Yuneec Pilots Convention!!
Lake Wales, Florida here....count me in!

Mickey,

A thought if I may? Although not as immersive as being there for the “hand’s on”, what’s the possibility of creating a well narrated video, or videos, that capture the essence of the flight and video creation classes? Perhaps one special video that captured class questions and answers as a supplement? Market them appropriately of course.

Ha, my wife has been on my case to go down in the winter. So it could happen.

Steve and leave our North Shore and I suppose your going to complain about our beautiful spring

Pat, the class begins with a discussion of what people would find most valuable to learn vis a vis their own experiences with drones. I always do this to tailor my remarks to attendees. For example some people may want to learn about what's involved in obtaining a 107 license. If that's unimportant then it won't be covered in much detail. Then a PowerPoint overview of how to create meaningful content and the limitations and of low cost drones and how to deal with them (lens field of view etc.)...then afternoon first day is flying. Day two starts with flying then we examine and critique what was captured. Learn how to use Lightroom and an assortment of video programs. I will also talk about how to use your drone to create an immersive experience for the viewer. We will once again fly applying what's been learned after the critique. I could probably make a video of it. Perhaps someone at the school could record it. We can also look at what another brand of drone can do in the same circumstances if students desire that.

I always do this to tailor my remarks to attendees.
An interactive exchange tends to engage the participants. That certainly enhances the learning experience. A video duplication of the process is difficult at best, but it is a way to reach those who could not participate.
These kinds of workshops are a huge step in maturing the hobby. I hope this one is a stepping stone to more in the future.

Thanks Steve, last fall I spoke to a regional group of NPPA (National Press Photographers Assoc.) and NAB (National Association of Broadcasters)...almost all of the attendees were just becoming involved with drones and I enjoyed speaking with them about how they can improve their photos and videos. After the talk I was pleased to hear from some of them how much they enjoyed the presentation and that I had shown them some of the methods of shooting with drones they had never considered. I really like your comment about the value of workshops like these. Even things such as safe flying practices and basic courtesies to non flyers which I've found are so necessary for us to continue flying seem to often be lacking. I think this industry needs to foster and educated about those sorts of issues for it to survive.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I think this industry needs to foster and educated about those sorts of issues for it to survive.
Indeed! Education is more productive than regulation and fosters acceptance by the public. Sadly, too many renegades make the news and tarnish these efforts.

In addition to the continuing education and enlightenment of industry participants, those watching the industry, whether pro, con, or indifferent, will see what the industry is doing to increase education and awareness.

Positive publicity is never a bad thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval