Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H GUI

My camera will not power up. Looking back I can't think of anything I did that would have deleted the camera from the setup.

I can't bind when there's nothing to bind to.Honestly, there's not much you can do on the GCS to screw things up, but I probably did it. It seems the camera power light should still turn on.
uG02Zin.png

I don't think you can bind something that is not available to bind. It doesn't show a camera on your screen which tells me it's not sending a signal. Try the simple fix first.... On your tablet select "MODEL SELECT" (bottom right), then select TYPHOON H. Now and power off the Typhoon and ST16. Then take the Micro SD card out of the camera and then reinsert it firmly. Next jiggle and lower portion of the camera gimbal where it connects with the Typhoon. Power on the ST16, then the Typhoon H. With the camera facing you, look at the upper left side. You should see a red light which will begin to flash green. It will flash 5 to 10 times and then should become solid which means the ST16 and camera have connected.

Good luck!

Reactions: DroneClone
OK look this is sooooooo easy.
1) Down load the files from Yuneec.
2) Hook the dohicky into the orifice on the H.
3) Launch the GUi thingy on your laptop
4) On your laptop hook the other end of the dohicky Into the whatchamacallit .
5) press all the buttons at the same time.
6) Make sure the thingamabob is on.
7) If the magic smoke appears, unhook everything and start over.

OK look this is sooooooo easy.
1) Down load the files from Yuneec.
2) Hook the dohicky into the orifice on the H.
3) Launch the GUi thingy on your laptop
4) On your laptop hook the other end of the dohicky Into the whatchamacallit .
5) press all the buttons at the same time.
6) Make sure the thingamabob is on.
7) If the magic smoke appears, unhook everything and start over.

LOL never leave the magic smoke out!!

I don't think you can bind something that is not available to bind. It doesn't show a camera on your screen which tells me it's not sending a signal. Try the simple fix first.... On your tablet select "MODEL SELECT" (bottom right), then select TYPHOON H. Now and power off the Typhoon and ST16. Then take the Micro SD card out of the camera and then reinsert it firmly. Next jiggle and lower portion of the camera gimbal where it connects with the Typhoon. Power on the ST16, then the Typhoon H. With the camera facing you, look at the upper left side. You should see a red light which will begin to flash green. It will flash 5 to 10 times and then should become solid which means the ST16 and camera have connected.

Good luck!

I've tried exactly that, and did again just now. Nothing; no power to the camera.

What is the USB port for on the camera?

For those that don't have a computer at home I was wondering how Yuneec expects them to upgrade the firmware. Then I thought... by way of the ST16 & WiFi of course! Well now when you go to the ABOUT screen on the ST16 and select UPGRADE it says there is no WiFi. But on my ST16 there is and I can surf the web nicely.

So I thought, heck, I'll just go to the YUNEEC site and download the firmware upgrade. Then UNZIP it and place it on a MICRO SD that one places in the bottom of the ST16. That would work 100% for those that don't have a PC.

I was easily able to download the ZIP file. There is an UNCOMPRESS program included on the ST16 (see screen shot below). However, it is a version of UNCOMPRESS that can't read the ZIP file of the firmware update. The fix is to just download an upgraded UNZIP app. Then UNZIP the files and copy the BIN file to a Micro SD that you place in the bottom of the ST16, then place that Micro SD into the camera on the Typhoon and you can then update away!

20160522_140114_resized.jpg

Reactions: DroneClone
For those that don't have a computer at home I was wondering how Yuneec expects them to upgrade the firmware. Then I thought... by way of the ST16 & WiFi of course! Well now when you go to the ABOUT screen on the ST16 and select UPGRADE it says there is no WiFi. But on my ST16 there is and I can surf the web nicely.

So I thought, heck, I'll just go to the YUNEEC site and download the firmware upgrade. Then UNZIP it and place it on a MICRO SD that one places in the bottom of the ST16. That would work 100% for those that don't have a PC.

I was easily able to download the ZIP file. There is an UNCOMPRESS program included on the ST16 (see screen shot below). However, it is a version of UNCOMPRESS that can't read the ZIP file of the firmware update. The fix is to just download an upgraded UNZIP app. Then UNZIP the files and copy the BIN file to a Micro SD that you place in the bottom of the ST16, then place that Micro SD into the camera on the Typhoon and you can then update away!

View attachment 624
Very SMART man! Good work Capt.;)

I have The SAME problem my wifi doesn't connect to The camera. SAME issue GLIDER has

View attachment 624

That Captain Drone.. He is a smart guy.. Were not worthy Were not worthy... lol Thanks Cap! Your one of the ones that make this forum a good one!:)

Reactions: CAPTAINDRONE
No give him a :

ITELITE DBS EXTENDER / ANTENNA ITE-DBS04.6B - FITS YUNEEC ST16 & ST24 GROUND STATION
Brand:
Itelite

$109.00
SKU:
ITE-DBS04.6B

Availability:
Usually Ships Within 1 Business Day
Shipping:
Calculated at checkout

Thanks for this info DC. I ordered one.

Gary

Members online