Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Maintenance and Caracterization

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I´m new in this forum. I have a Typhoon H from three months ago.
I´m in Spain and I´m dron official operator, but with the new law about drons in Spain the operators need a maintenance manual and a caracterization document.
I contacted with Yuneec Europe but they said that don't have these documents.

I have a maintenance manual of H520 but not of the Typhoon H

Somebody can help me?
Somebody use a maintenance list?

Thanks a lot

As there are no published life cycles for the components your maintenance document will be mostly comprised of inspection actions for pre and post flight, with component replacement recommendations when defects or high wear are found.

As a “pro” operator you should already be familiar with what needs to be inspected so simply write your own document.

According to Spanish law, the manufacturer is the one who must write the maintenance book, which is logical.
I can control the pre and post flight but I do not know the duration of each of the components or how many hours of flight have to be changed in a preventive manner.
For other models like the H520 Yuneec did a maintenance manual and it is your obligation to do it for all models.
Would you be able to do the maintenance manual for your car? Of course not, the manufacturer has to tell you every few km or time each spare is changed. Well this is the same
Thank you

Reactions: L.P.
As Yuneec do not publish such then that is that I'm afraid. But why not call them again or email and ask them to list a suggestion for a maintenance routine it must be similar to the 520?
I am not subject to Spanish law being in the UK but what I have is the following:

A section in my Ops Manual called "Maintenance principles and regimes"
In that I quote the regulation that governs the maintenance of work equipment and quote the relevant parts and a bit to mention keeping of maintenance logs.
I have also stated
The PIC shall be responsible for maintaining the aircraft and carrying out pre‐flight and post flight
checks which shall include; condition of rotors, operation and signs of overheating of motors, and
visual check of batteries for any signs of swelling.
The PIC shall be responsible for keeping a log of all maintenance activities. A record of this will be
kept within the operational log book.

This may not help you of course

Yuneec has published maintenance documentation for only one model, the 520. Even their first commercial platform fails to provide maintenance documentation in any version of their documentation.

Not one manufacturer of “consumer” level drones provides any life cycle data for motors, ESC’s, batteries, controllers, or gimbals. Only DJI and Yuneec mention propeller life cycles and those only reference specific models. The prop life cycle is a recent addition to their documentation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval