Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H motor loose...WTF! Is it normal???

Reaction score
Hi,
I have noticed that the front left motor has a slight play when I touch it...and also it makes a strange noise when by hand I rotate it...
The strange thing is that if I try to accelerate without the props this motor goes into alarm (5 motors land immediately) but it continues turning as the other.

When props are on, NO ERROR and my typhoon flys good. No vibration, steady hovering...I try everything to stress it but nothing, it seems normal with prop on

Here the video with the audio...

I think I need to send it back to the assistance :-(((((

Hi,
I have noticed that the front left motor has a slight play when I touch it...and also it makes a strange noise when by hand I rotate it...
The strange thing is that if I try to accelerate without the props this motor goes into alarm (5 motors land immediately) but it continues turning as the other.

When props are on, NO ERROR and my typhoon flys good. No vibration, steady hovering...I try everything to stress it but nothing, it seems normal with prop on

Sounds like the Bearing is gone on that motor

Reactions: Badala
Hi,

I hope mine is not like this!:confused:

Just saw another Typhoon H out of the box.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sectordrone
Hold the motor base as you wiggle the top.. If there is excessive bearing play it will show up then, Its hard to tell via your video as the whole arm wiggles?

Difficult to see with wiggling arms. Can to tighten any of the motor screw slightly for looseness ? see if that helps?

I hope mine is not like this!:confused:

Just saw another Typhoon H out of the box.
There have been several that have had a loose fan. I think that's what I'm hearing on your video, too. As for the screen, was the controller charged? If the battery doesn't have a sufficient charge, the screen won't come up.

Hi,

OH no!! Yuneec will help you! Give them a call 844 898 6332

I'm sorry this has happened!

Reactions: Capt. Crunch
That is normal! and should get a warning, "No Props Installed"

I dont get that warning. I get a 5 motor operation mode warning and land immediately warning... With props installed, they spin perfect and she flies just fine.

I'm not going to worry until the warnings happen with props on...

Hi,

I tried to start the motor without the propellers also. I observed that when the Typhoon H is in start mode the motors work but once you try to accelerating them the motors goes into 5 motor mode and sounds the warning alarm. I believe there are sensors built into the motor that sense if the prop are not on.

I tried to start the motor without the propellers also. I observed that when the Typhoon H is in start mode the motors work but once you try to accelerating them the motors goes into 5 motor mode and sounds the warning alarm. I believe there are sensors built into the motor that sense if the prop are not on.
There are !

Reactions: Moldy_Noldy

I don't know there are sensors in the motor that could detect that.
As I know, if the ESC is smart enough, it could detect the status of the motor.
And the attitude sensor of flight controller can also do it.

Please call tech support for assistance at 1-844-898-6332 / [email protected]

M-F 6am-5pm PST
Sat. 8am-4:30pm PST

-Team Yuneec

Thanks for the quick response anyway!
Would you explain in what conditions the H will be switched to 5-motor mode?
Is it normal for the noise in the Badala's video above? I will have my H arrived tomorrow, so I'm curious about that.

So you think it doesn't matter?
I will have mine arrived and expect to fly it soon.
Sorry, matter what? That the motors are loose? Yes it would matter!, whenever I get a new drone or basically anything mechanical, I am in a habit of checking screws and joints for looseness, I do not torque them, just make sure they are snug and all motors and parts are on even and tight! I do this after every ten or so flights also, as things tend to loosen up, especially on new items till they settle in!

Sorry, matter what? That the motors are loose? Yes it would matter!, whenever I get a new drone or basically anything mechanical, I am in a habit of checking screws and joints for looseness, I do not torque them, just make sure they are snug and all motors and parts are on even and tight! I do this after every ten or so flights also, as things tend to loosen up, especially on new items till they settle in!
Good habit! And glad to know Yuneec responses so quickly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval