Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H motor rattles

Reaction score
When I start the motors the drone is fine and all motors spin well but as soon as I take off two motors stop for a split second then start spinning at a high speed and at times one of the motors stops spinning when I take off and on the st16 you see the message to enable 5 rotor mode.
What could possibly be the problem?

I actually had a drone accident and one of the motors has broke but I have replace it and now it is giving this problem

What had they been run into before this started happening?
will to answer your question the run into the ground or if your asking me what the blades looked like before liftoff they were brand new blades, Dave

It’s possible the ESC on the suspect motor is going. It’s not safe. You need the main power board for that fix. You can check it by hand spinning the motor. If it’s spinning like the others then it’s not the motor. A test via the GUI will confirm ESC failure if there is one. I’d do that ASAP.

I have solved the problem it was just a matter of putting on the propellers.
You mean you forgot to put them on ? That will drive the typhoon crazy running up the motors with no props . I forget to put one prop on once and the bird went crazy.

Last edited:
You mean you forgot to put them on ? That will drive the typhoon crazy running up the motors with no props . I forget to put one prop on once and the bird went crazy.
I didn't put them on because of this problem, I was afraid that if I put then on, something would happen in the air, but I attached it to the ground so it couldnt fly away, then I attach the propellers and it was fine.

I didn't put them on because of this problem, I was afraid that if I put then on, something would happen in the air, but I attached it to the ground so it couldnt fly away, then I attach the propellers and it was fine.
The issues caused by running up the motors without props on has been covered numerous times in this forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro