Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - No WiFi connection and Camera Loss

Reaction score
I did a photo shoot the other day and everything worked perfectly. I went out the very next day and I couldn't get a WiFi connection and I was not anywhere near metal structures or power lines. I moved location and still couldn't get WiFi.
I shut both the controller and drone off and back on several times thinking that it might make a connection but no luck. I messed with the controller a bit and somehow lost the camera ??? Now I get a message on the screen saying "Camera Connection Status " Camera Type is Not Match ! Please Select Right Camera Type " I tried to go to "Camera Select" and click on C-GO3-Pro and it says "Connection Failed - Camera Not Connected !
The "Camera Connection Status " message stays on the screen and doesn't let me go anywhere except the Select Camera Type screen. I was able to go to the Bind Screen one time and the Camera doesn't even show up. Somehow it disappeared. How can I reset this and get everything back on line ?

Sorry guys. I can fly these pretty well but I'm not too sharp when it comes to the technical end of these things.

Any help to get this up and running again will be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!

Thank you !!!!

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr

Thank you !!!!
"Camera Type is Not Match" message and the inability to go anywhere other than the camera select screen is unfortunately a familiar topic. You can look through some of the earlier incidents in this link: Search results for query: Camera Type is Not Match

The problem is one of three boards in the controller. I believe the most common one with a failure is the 5.8ghz wifi module, but it can be others, and it can be more than one.

This problem can get expensive to fix if you are buying parts just to see if that part fixes the issue. Parts swapping works best if you have some spares. IF you don't have access to a working controller for parts swapping, it might be less expensive to send the controller to a repair shop or just replace it.

Last edited:
I did a photo shoot the other day and everything worked perfectly. I went out the very next day and I couldn't get a WiFi connection and I was not anywhere near metal structures or power lines. I moved location and still couldn't get WiFi.
I shut both the controller and drone off and back on several times thinking that it might make a connection but no luck. I messed with the controller a bit and somehow lost the camera ??? Now I get a message on the screen saying "Camera Connection Status " Camera Type is Not Match ! Please Select Right Camera Type " I tried to go to "Camera Select" and click on C-GO3-Pro and it says "Connection Failed - Camera Not Connected !
The "Camera Connection Status " message stays on the screen and doesn't let me go anywhere except the Select Camera Type screen. I was able to go to the Bind Screen one time and the Camera doesn't even show up. Somehow it disappeared. How can I reset this and get everything back on line ?

Sorry guys. I can fly these pretty well but I'm not too sharp when it comes to the technical end of these things.

Thank you !!!!
Don't feel bad because I have always been the player to never to be named later when it comes to technology. You will be fine.

Thank you. That's what I was afraid of. It happened literally overnight and that's never a good sign :(
I'll do some research on this and make a decision. I will most likely just replace it. It seems like whenever you have to start swapping out parts there is always just one more thing.

Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Hey guys.
Is there a way that I can test these boards myself to see which one or ones are bad ? I'd like to take a look in there to see what's what.

Thanks again.

I would start to check if camera WiFi hotspot is working to exclude camera WiFi board. I use my phone with a WiFi Analyzer app.
CGO3P_WiFi.png

In the ST16 the WiFi module is in the middle (I called it WLAN):
Antenna locations.jpg

You can check in Pad-Mode if you can login your WLAN vie WiFi. If your router has the possibility to switch off 2.4GHz band or 5GHz Band you are able to check both. Otherwise you have no chance to know if 5GHz is working because it also connects via 2.4GHz

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
My Typhoon & ST16 did this same **** thing today. I have a second ST16 sitting in the box of my H920 plus, which I plan to fly this year.
It seemed like a software problem at first, but a controller unable to do anything is my idea of a paperweight.
I’ll keep you all posted.
Any fixes? I can replace a bad board, but a new controller can be had for about $60–

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop