Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H officially discontinued

Yes and no. If someone tends to crash a lot they would need a few spares for the structure. Same for motors.

If using “industry standard” propellers they could order from numerous suppliers if and when the need occurred. Same with batteries and motors. My DIY and early 3DR drones conceivably be flown indefinitely as, with the exception of the FC, use common sourced parts. FC’s can be changed as desired.

Parts become a problem if the OEM designed their aircraft around proprietary props/prop mounts, motor mounts and batteries. In that state we would want to have a few in personal inventory.

Anecdotally, I have both Typhoon H and 920 Plus. The H’s are more restrictive in where I could obtain props, motors, and batteries than the 920, but not by much as Yuneec employed a custom prop bolt pattern on the 920 propellers. Replacement batteries for a 920 can be obtained from most battery suppliers with minor plug adaptation.

Needless to say, I obtained a couple prop, boom, motor spares, and one gear leg for the 920 some time ago as I knew it was discontinued even though Yuneec never made such a statement. Logic dictates parts would eventually become difficult to obtain. The downside of the 920 is that landing gear actuators have been out of stock since the day I bought it in November 2017. I haven’t crashed a drone in 4-5 years so I don’t anticipate failures with structural components but do see the possibility of wearing out a motor or two. As I can’t obtain gear actuators I use the retract function sparingly.

The H should not encounter gear availability issues as it shares landing gear commonality with the H Plus and 520, provided Yuneec has paid the supplier making them...

I find it sort of humorous that as consumers we are victims of our own desires.

We demanded manufacturers provide easy on/easy off props that would not require the use of tools to entice a product purchase. We got what we asked for but without industry standardization.

We wanted extreme portability so we got folding airframes and retractable landing gear. The 360* gimbal made gear retraction a rather important feature though.

Rather than learn how to care for batteries consumers demanded that batteries and chargers take care of themselves, and tell us when they need servicing. Because we lacked the ability to periodically check voltage levels we have been blessed with multiple non adjustable voltage warnings with auto land, auto return features that add unnecessary complexity FC systems and make adaptation of after market batteries more difficult.

We could expand further with self imposed design limitations but the fact is, our desire for easy, simple, no tools required has turned out to be rather limiting while holding us hostage to the whims of the manufacturers.

Last edited:
As you’ve been treated like an “unofficial” inside source for Yuneec for some time now, how about making some revelations about the company’s future plans?

That could go a long way towards rebuilding customer expectations and trust, while providing more than a few old customers a reason to continue watching the brand name for future model releases. Much of what has been said in the past that would happen has not and many have lost faith. It’s long past time to reveal what is actually in the pipe if Yuneec desires to maintain relevance.
I'm sorry can't give more details at the moment, hence we are always working hard with our initial heart for the future and goal. I also thanks your many comments and feedback on the board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace