Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H power cut, free fall from 200 feet

The thing is, Yuneec does provide a means to assure the battery is locked in place, but people elect to either ignore it, fail to check it, or just don't pay any attention to what they are doing when inserting the battery. If the battery does not "click" during the installation, it may not be fully seated. If a user can see a gap between the rear edge of the battery and the body of the H, it's certainly not fully seated.

The second sentence is all it takes to eliminate most H accidents and issues.

I'm not suggesting either was the cause of this incident but if more people paid more attention to the flight planning and pre-flight processes there would be far fewer broken H's. The H really isn't a toy, aviation is not a game, and neither should be treated that way.

Yep! most often its human error. I mistakenly turned off my ST16 and the H hovered until I turned the remote back on, then it went bat sxxt crazy, I had to force land it from only 10' but it took a hard landing, I put electrical tape over the switch to avoid the same snafu. Seems like the ST16 power switch could use a two step fail safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt