Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H power cut, free fall from 200 feet

It is the best only one explanation unfortunately. If there is another reason for power shut off in flight then I'm owed a drone from Yuneec.

Did you speak with someone on the phone? I understand their response to emails is rather poor. Things will move a bit more smoothly if you can get a live person to speak with.
Yes I did speak to someone, and she sent me the email about how to send them the telemetry, etc. I'm hoping it won't take them too long...

Reactions: Steve Carr
Andy,

Just for general sense of feeling, I have not seen Yuneec actively seek ways to put every failure on the backs of the users. Just the opposite in fact. They may have changed but there has been no indication of that I'm aware of.

Andy,

Just for general sense of feeling, I have not seen Yuneec actively seek ways to put every failure on the backs of the users. Just the opposite in fact. They may have changed but there has been no indication of that I'm aware of.
Well, I sure hope that's the case with mine! If not, I'm gonna be out of business for a while..Haha

If your gimbal did not bend, your camera may be salvageable. My sky drop destroyed the camera but I fixed the drone for under 100$

Don't forget about Yuneec's Bind and Fly (BNF) packages. Hull only, Hull + Camera, Hull + Battery, Hull + Battery + Camera options. Prices are reasonable, in my opinion. Good for a backup craft as well, whether waiting for repairs or truly a backup.

Jeff

P.S. ST16 not included, for those needing everything spelled out. :D

Reactions: 1Jafo and Larez
If you had taken some pictures of the H after it hit the ground and before it was moved for review more might be said, but for now all you can do is post the telemetry before any estimations can be made.

This has happened before with the most common cause of being in a hurry to fly and not fully seating the battery. The battery backs out just a little and down it goes.

This must have been what happened to my Q500 4K.

Don't forget about Yuneec's Bind and Fly (BNF) packages. Hull only, Hull + Camera, Hull + Battery, Hull + Battery + Camera options. Prices are reasonable, in my opinion. Good for a backup craft as well, whether waiting for repairs or truly a backup.

Jeff

P.S. ST16 not included, for those needing everything spelled out. :D

I bought a replacement body and parts for my Q500 4K, and thought the CG03 will be fine with dampers replaced. It shows Video but won't straighten out.

What will it cost to get the CGO3 replacement?

387db9cf03a893224961c09e5387bef1.jpg
5aa864c9402fdb491455a69dc4e1d8f0.jpg
2cf8da2c006d56fe8509306a0fc1d7ea.jpg
266334c5ec9d55eaeb17b0afdbfa96f2.jpg
5713e8aa8387f38315acfd284e7f35b8.jpg
478680076e0c1bede15a1896a6361e54.jpg
Wow my H crash look just like yours when I took off I did wait about 10 seconds or more to make sure everything is OK I also made sure that the battery was well seated I can't figure out why it just shut off 29 meeters up I've been reading here what everyone is saying I think now just maybe that the battery is backing out just enough to lose connection although my battery seem to fit secured l sent in my telemetry report I'm waiting on warranty replacement this happen about 2 months ago good luck

Yuneec informed me today, that when you fly without GPS, the flight will not be covered by warranty. (This is Yuneec Germany). They told me that this is stated in the manual.
My drop from the sky was flying with GPS and they sent a document today saying that they have repaired and tested my camera today and that it was working perfectly and that they where getting ready to send it back to me, free of any charge, warranty covering all cost :)
Thank you for that, Yuneec.

My camera arrived and it works fine I think (done 2 short test flights so far). Still waiting for the feedback on the telemetry from Yuneec to see what caused the drop.

We're all waiting with you. We don't have the skin in the game you do but we sure would like to hear what they say.

My camera arrived and it works fine I think (done 2 short test flights so far). Still waiting for the feedback on the telemetry from Yuneec to see what caused the drop.
Tomorrow will be 4 weeks on a warranty replacement on my TH Im going to wait 2 more weeks before giving them a call I understand there Big layoff might be apart of the long wait, Calif.

Got a call from Yuneec Germany the other day and they asked me to send them the H. The drop was some technical error they think and they need to check the drone in person. They said to pick a time that suited me to be without the H for 4 weeks :(
The telemetry shows nothing unusual apparently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital