Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro with RealSense fly away (although not "too far")

Reaction score
I've got my H for about 2 weeks. I have lots of Phantom experience and currently also fly a P4. So, took off with Angle Mode. Stayed in position for a minute to "let it get its bearings". YES I did a compass calibration, which I do before any flight at any location. YES, I did a gimbal and IMU calibration as well. I had 11 sats. Obstacle avoidance was off. I loved it forward and left and right in angle mode to make sure everything OK. Switched to Smart mode and as soon as I tried to test it's compliance with my commands it just climbed like ****, hit a very small tree branch. One prop complete broken. Another "1/2" broken. I landed, if you call it that, it was a only a few feet up as that how I fly it immediately after Take Off just to make sure all OK. It was more than 10 meters from me horizontally. The "bungys" on the top of the camera popped off but camera and rest of craft is fine.

I did do a firmware update on the 29th (1 day after it came out) and flew without event on the 30th.

So, I'm sending it in to repair "bungys" and I hope all else is OK.

No interference, my backyard. Not near electric wires.

Quickly lowering the landing gear likely saved the camera and gimbal from damage.

I've got my H for about 2 weeks. I have lots of Phantom experience and currently also fly a P4. So, took off with Angle Mode. Stayed in position for a minute to "let it get its bearings". YES I did a compass calibration, which I do before any flight at any location. YES, I did a gimbal and IMU calibration as well. I had 11 sats. Obstacle avoidance was off. I loved it forward and left and right in angle mode to make sure everything OK. Switched to Smart mode and as soon as I tried to test it's compliance with my commands it just climbed like ****, hit a very small tree branch. One prop complete broken. Another "1/2" broken. I landed, if you call it that, it was a only a few feet up as that how I fly it immediately after Take Off just to make sure all OK. It was more than 10 meters from me horizontally. The "bungys" on the top of the camera popped off but camera and rest of craft is fine.

I did do a firmware update on the 29th (1 day after it came out) and flew without event on the 30th.

So, I'm sending it in to repair "bungys" and I hope all else is OK.

No interference, my backyard. Not near electric wires.

Quickly lowering the landing gear likely saved the camera and gimbal from damage.
Have a look at your flight log, or better yet post it here. Folks here can help figure it out.

I'm pretty sure when you put it into Smart Mode you were too low so it immediately rose away from the ground. I'm not exact on the altitude numbers (I'm a noob owner myself), but in Smart Mode it won't go below 20 or 30 feet.

Post your log, there are really smart guys around here.

It is called the circle of death.
When you switched to smart mode, the H will attempt to climb up and upto 26 feet away from you.
I am NOT saying you did not have a fly away, but from your posting so far, it sounds like the aircraft was doing as it should.
Did it just climb, or did it climb and fly away from your location.
Check your telemetry files and see if they provide any insight.
Here are some links as to how to access them.
http://yuneecpilots.com/posts/13250/

Let us know what you find out.

Are you positive you switched UP into Smart Mode and not DOWN into RTH? RTH will do that.
Smart Mode should not do that unless you were too close to the H when you switched.
Sad to hear this.

Reactions: abinder
Have a look at your flight log, or better yet post it here. Folks here can help figure it out.
How to I access and save flight log?
It is called the circle of death.
When you switched to smart mode, the H will attempt to climb up and upto 26 feet away from you.
I am NOT saying you did not have a fly away, but from your posting so far, it sounds like the aircraft was doing as it should.
Did it just climb, or did it climb and fly away from your location.
Check your telemetry files and see if they provide any insight.
Here are some links as to how to access them.
http://yuneecpilots.com/posts/13250/

Let us know what you find out.
You're probably correct. I'll get the logs and upload them here, I see the how-to link. There should be an OPTION in smart mode to disable a climb. Toggle on or off.
YUNEEC you listening?

How to I access and save flight log?

Oh, and yes, just climbed. So always take off and maneuver to above 30' in Angle Mode. I recently fly 5 to 10'. Geesh. I like Smart except for that.
You're probably correct. I'll get the logs and upload them here, I see the how-to link. There should be an OPTION in smart mode to disable a climb. Toggle on or off.
YUNEEC you listening?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval