Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H slowly descending while hovering

Reaction score
Hi, I am fairly new to the Typhoon H platform and have been noticing some issues while the unit is hovering in most any mode (I primarily use angle mode) and the concern is the slow descent and frequent veering to the left/right and forward/back from time to time, and I am just afraid that it will end up crashing when I bring it in for a landing. Can anyone please help me? I have done compass and accelerometer calibrations on numerous occasions.

Hi, I am fairly new to the Typhoon H platform and have been noticing some issues while the unit is hovering in most any mode (I primarily use angle mode) and the concern is the slow descent and frequent veering to the left/right and forward/back from time to time, and I am just afraid that it will end up crashing when I bring it in for a landing. Can anyone please help me? I have done compass and accelerometer calibrations on numerous occasions.
How many flights do you have so far? Have you let the H sit outside after boot up, with the motors off, for at least 13 minutes to allow the GPS to finish updating?

How many flights do you have so far? Have you let the H sit outside after boot up, with the motors off, for at least 13 minutes to allow the GPS to finish updating?
I have got about 15 flights on it so far. I will probably try letting it sit outside prior to flight for 13 minutes to see if that will fix the issue, I have yet to do that...thank you. I will let you know if that works tomorrow!

I have got about 15 flights on it so far. I will probably try letting it sit outside prior to flight for 13 minutes to see if that will fix the issue, I have yet to do that...thank you. I will let you know if that works tomorrow!
You only need to do that on a first flight or you haven't flown in over a week or you travel over 500 miles. I don't know if this is the issue or not, but it needs to be ruled out to help diagnose the problem.

If it continues give us a bit more detail. Is this with RealSense, the landing gear down? At what height do you notice the problem? What are the conditions in the area, trees, buildings etc?

If it continues give us a bit more detail. Is this with RealSense, the landing gear down? At what height do you notice the problem? What are the conditions in the area, trees, buildings etc?
I do not have realsense. and it is with the landing gear up. usually in the area of being between 10 feet to as high as 50 feet (then any higher and I do not notice it) and I have noticed it while I have been flying in the fields by my house, no electrical interference or any buldings for miles. I will try to get video of the problem tomorrow and the area that I am in.

I do not have realsense. and it is with the landing gear up. usually in the area of being between 10 feet to as high as 50 feet (then any higher and I do not notice it) and I have noticed it while I have been flying in the fields by my house, no electrical interference or any buldings for miles. I will try to get video of the problem tomorrow and the area that I am in.
A video would be great. Also, try it with the gear down and see if there is any difference. When descending keep your finger off the right stick. Just a tiny bump will cause the H to jump.

Have you updated to the latest firmware?

When I first received mine, it did the same thing, also drifted right frequently. I found that a careful update of all the firmware to what was the latest, plus a careful calibration in open space solved it totally. I'm having issues right now after 12 months of ownership, but I find many things are solved by carefully following the sometimes clunky manuals.
Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy