Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H - Team Mode

Reaction score
First posting, I'm already or at least was a Yuneec user, having been flying a Q500+ for over 6 months, until this week had my first and a serious crash. All my fault, I noticed that the quad was drifting and not holding its position with no input on the controls, should have landed then and there however decided to carry, long story short - tree won.

Anyway, i'm coming to the conclusion that to repair the Q500+ may not be the most economical option right now and that, would be better to purchase new, the Q500 4K is appealing as I have all the accessories (Hard case, two batteries - spare props) however the Typhoon had caught my attention earlier.

Would the ST10 from the Q500, work in team mode with the Typhoon H? Would it function purely as a viewing device or could the ST10 be used to control the H and the ST16 the camera?

Finally, i'm reading conflicting reviews on the Typhoon H with issues with the picture quality etc. which are concerning me, however overall I could see the advantages.

I'm UK based and plan on using the Quad/Hexacopter commercially for photography when I've completed my PfAW

From what i read the st-10 will not work as it will not work.. If i recall it has to do with the fact the 12 can control the proper amount of servo's.. Could be wrong but i have a st-10 as well and was hoping to use it as well!

The team mode works with the ST16 and ST24 , tested both myself and both work perfectly fine in team mode. As far as picture quality. Make sure your camera is set to pro mode. This means pictures will be at their best quality. You will have to manually select between camera or still photos. But pro mode allows for pictures to be taken from their own, rather than from a continuous stream of video. Picture taken from the continuous stream of video have a lower quality. This happens when you are not in pro mode.

Well the ST16 should come in pro mode but just making sure. In camera setting options you can change between CGO3 and CGO3 Pro. When using this Pro mode, you select between video and still pictures by clicking it on the screen, as you may already do. This puts the camera in video or still picture mode. When in video you can only take video, and when in still picture, only still pictures. If you are not in this pro mode, still pictures are taken from a continuous stream of video, but you do not have to manually pic between video or camera every time. You can just take pictures and video quicker by clicking the buttons on the controller without any switch delay! This will sacrifice picture quality for convenience.

Here's a video from us that talks about the Pro mode on the ST10, but the same applies to the ST16!

The Pro camera is what comes on all Typhoon H's they just list the 3 for use with the Q500, the CGO3+ is the Pro camera and ST16 will be the same on all H's, Fly safe!

The team mode works with the ST16 and ST24 , tested both myself and both work perfectly fine in team mode. As far as picture quality. Make sure your camera is set to pro mode. This means pictures will be at their best quality. You will have to manually select between camera or still photos. But pro mode allows for pictures to be taken from their own, rather than from a continuous stream of video. Picture taken from the continuous stream of video have a lower quality. This happens when you are not in pro mode.

I much appreciate your videos. Can you explain procedures to bind 2 ST16s for H team mode please.

Team Update 2x ST16

All working as per Manual 1.1 page 13 as pointed out by another poster.
Set up very speedy and ...... It works:D Camera picture on both ST16s

Team Update 2x ST16

All working as per Manual 1.1 page 13 as pointed out by another poster.
Set up very speedy and ...... It works:D Camera picture on both ST16s
I have two ST16 but following the instructions I can not control the camera with the second remote. But only to see the two displays, any ideas?

So I just saw this on the Yuneec website for Team Mode. I have always wanted to access the screen on the left. Has anyone else with two ST16s achieved this? I tried with the Wizard but never got the telemetry screen on the left. I've only seen it on the ST24, not the ST16, but now on the Yuneec website, there it is on the ST16.

Greg

upload_2016-10-16_11-7-50.png

i have tested the ST16 and ST10+ work in team mode. you can fly the H with the ST10+ but no control for the landing gear... and the video transmission is bad to that controller ...but maybe if you put landing gear up before and start and land in hand it's possible to use it.... the speed control works too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval