Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H UAV SIM Instructions

Reaction score
Hi

The UAV Sim has now been upgraded to include the Typhoon H. It took me over 3 hours to get it working due to not being able to bind the sim with the ST16. I did look on the net and You Tube but could not find anything to help. I eventually went through every combination of key i/p’s and finally cracked it. To save others going through the same pain I did, I thought I would post some instructions

This works with UAV SIM V2.10 Dated 18 Oct 16 available on the UK Yuneec website

Enjoy

Setting up a SIM model on the ST16

If you have not already done it, set up a new model on the ST16

ST16 - Model Select -> OK

ST16 - New Model -> Create new model

Type in a name e.g. SIM àSelect model type “Typhoon H” - >Save

PC - Insert SIM UAV dongle

PC Start the UAV SIM

PC - Model -> Select->Typhoon H -> OK

PC – Radio-> Bind Yuneeec USB Receiver

PC Displays “Please set the Transmitter into bind mode then click OK”

DO NOT Click OK YET

ST16 - System Settings ->OK

You now need to find the receiver for the dongle

Go back to your PC

PC should still be displaying

“Please set the Transmitter into bind mode then click OK”

PC - Now you can Click OK

PC should now be displaying

”In the bind menu of the transmitter now select the USB receiver SRXXXX then click OK”

DO NOT Click OK

ST16 - Press Refresh

The dongle receiver name should now appear in the aircraft model window

e.g SR23s_12000.05

Follow the these instructions EXACTLEY

ST 16 - Press the receiver name

ST16 -Press Bind, ST16 now displays “Connection established”

ST 16 - Press OK

PC Should be still be displaying ”In the bind menu of the transmitter now select the USB receiver SRXXXX then click OK

PC - Now you can select OK

PC Should now be displaying “In order to establish the connection, return to the transmitter main screen by pressing the transmitters back button twice”

DO NOT PRESS OK ON THE PC YET

ST16 - Select the back button

PC Should be still be displaying “In order to establish the connection, return to the transmitter main screen by pressing the transmitters back button twice”

PC - Now you can Press OK

You should now see

PC “The bind procedure has been completed successfully”

PC - Select OK

Tip 1 The Typhoon H will not take off unless the hare / tortoise switch is set to hare

Tip 2 If you get errors with binding, forget messing with the programme on your PC, it does not help, turn off / on the ST 16 and start again.

Hi, where do you get the dongle? Was my H supposed to come with one?

Thanks. I wish I had known this five weeks ago. Instead of a sim I've been crashing a whole other drone!

The TH does not come with a dongle, you have to buy it separately
My Typhoon H came with the USB Simulator Stick in the box I purchased at Costco.

Thank you so much for the instructions on Binding to the simulator. Without them I would have needed to recruit a neighborhood ten year old to help me. Too complicated for this OF to figure out.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I bought the Costco package. It came with a simulator.

Something easily missed: The ST 16 Turtle / Rabbit rotary slider must be on Rabbit. The Simulator will not work if the ST 16 is in "Turtle".

Reactions: Steve Carr
I bought the Costco package. It came with a simulator.

Something easily missed: The ST 16 Turtle / Rabbit rotary slider must be on Rabbit. The Simulator will not work if the ST 16 is in "Turtle".
I found that "Turtle" mode will work if you engage it after you take off in "Rabbit" mode. Set the control to "Rabbit", take off, and then put it back in "Turlte" mode and it will work.

I also got the Costco package. I believe you get a couple extra spare rotors also, there were 4 in the box and then 2 more in a plastic bag.

Hi

The UAV Sim has now been upgraded to include the Typhoon H. It took me over 3 hours to get it working due to not being able to bind the sim with the ST16. I did look on the net and You Tube but could not find anything to help. I eventually went through every combination of key i/p’s and finally cracked it. To save others going through the same pain I did, I thought I would post some instructions...

Thanks for posting this. I played with the thing for an hour trying to get it to work then came across your instructions. Worked perfectly. Many thanks for the time saved, I was ready to give up and trash a few more props.

Just to note, when I first got mine, I tried the "broken line curve" setting in my ST-16 and the Simulator did not like it at all. Never tried to actually fly the H with BLC set up.

Thanks for the great post. Spent an hour playing with the Sim last night. Was working, and started testing out turning off GPS mode. Much harder to maintain static location! ;) So in that testing, must have moved to turtle mode, as I couldn't take off anymore. Tried rebooting PC and ST16, and more - finally called it a night. Something so simple! Would be nice to have a simulation for the camera too! Can the Wizard be linked to the Simulator?

Got the basic H from Costco as well, and it had issues with not wanting to land. Sitting on the ground, altimeter was fluctuating from -2 to 15'. Returned that one and ordered the H Pro with Realsense. Got it Tuesday - love the realsense so far, but haven't done much yet.

Thanks for the info!

Steve

Thanks for the great post. Spent an hour playing with the Sim last night. Was working, and started testing out turning off GPS mode. Much harder to maintain static location! ;) So in that testing, must have moved to turtle mode, as I couldn't take off anymore. Tried rebooting PC and ST16, and more - finally called it a night. Something so simple! Would be nice to have a simulation for the camera too! Can the Wizard be linked to the Simulator?

Got the basic H from Costco as well, and it had issues with not wanting to land. Sitting on the ground, altimeter was fluctuating from -2 to 15'. Returned that one and ordered the H Pro with Realsense. Got it Tuesday - love the realsense so far, but haven't done much yet.

Thanks for the info!

Steve

> Would be nice to have a simulation for the camera too!
Yes, that would be nice; very nice. I suspect it would also be very expensive to develop.

> Can the Wizard be linked to the Simulator?
No idea. Nothing in instructions that I have found.

> love the realsense
RealSense is a great concept, however I can't seem to bring myself to actually trust it. I'll eventually try it, but it will not be today. Meanwhile, I'm having a lot of fun with the camera; shot some straight down pictures of a piece of real estate I have for sale & overlaid a survey document on it. Made a great sales tool.

> Would be nice to have a simulation for the camera too!
Yes, that would be nice; very nice. I suspect it would also be very expensive to develop.

Yep, but sure would be nice. :)

> Can the Wizard be linked to the Simulator?
No idea. Nothing in instructions that I have found.

It looks like you set it up the same as the TH.
Will have to try that tonight - will be nice to try it there first. Wish there was better documentation for all this stuff.

> love the realsense
RealSense is a great concept, however I can't seem to bring myself to actually trust it. I'll eventually try it, but it will not be today. Meanwhile, I'm having a lot of fun with the camera; shot some straight down pictures of a piece of real estate I have for sale & overlaid a survey document on it. Made a great sales tool.

Played with it for a few minutes, but will have to see how it works in real situations. I look at it like an added protection to help protect the TH from myself. ;)

Hi

The UAV Sim has now been upgraded to include the Typhoon H. It took me over 3 hours to get it working due to not being able to bind the sim with the ST16. I did look on the net and You Tube but could not find anything to help. I eventually went through every combination of key i/p’s and finally cracked it. To save others going through the same pain I did, I thought I would post some instructions

This works with UAV SIM V2.10 Dated 18 Oct 16 available on the UK Yuneec website

Enjoy

Setting up a SIM model on the ST16

If you have not already done it, set up a new model on the ST16

ST16 - Model Select -> OK

ST16 - New Model -> Create new model

Type in a name e.g. SIM àSelect model type “Typhoon H” - >Save

PC - Insert SIM UAV dongle

PC Start the UAV SIM

PC - Model -> Select->Typhoon H -> OK

PC – Radio-> Bind Yuneeec USB Receiver

PC Displays “Please set the Transmitter into bind mode then click OK”

DO NOT Click OK YET

ST16 - System Settings ->OK

You now need to find the receiver for the dongle

Go back to your PC

PC should still be displaying

“Please set the Transmitter into bind mode then click OK”

PC - Now you can Click OK

PC should now be displaying

”In the bind menu of the transmitter now select the USB receiver SRXXXX then click OK”

DO NOT Click OK

ST16 - Press Refresh

The dongle receiver name should now appear in the aircraft model window

e.g SR23s_12000.05

Follow the these instructions EXACTLEY

ST 16 - Press the receiver name

ST16 -Press Bind, ST16 now displays “Connection established”

ST 16 - Press OK

PC Should be still be displaying ”In the bind menu of the transmitter now select the USB receiver SRXXXX then click OK

PC - Now you can select OK

PC Should now be displaying “In order to establish the connection, return to the transmitter main screen by pressing the transmitters back button twice”

DO NOT PRESS OK ON THE PC YET

ST16 - Select the back button

PC Should be still be displaying “In order to establish the connection, return to the transmitter main screen by pressing the transmitters back button twice”

PC - Now you can Press OK

You should now see

PC “The bind procedure has been completed successfully”

PC - Select OK

Tip 1 The Typhoon H will not take off unless the hare / tortoise switch is set to hare

Tip 2 If you get errors with binding, forget messing with the programme on your PC, it does not help, turn off / on the ST 16 and start again.
Worked for me Thanks

Reactions: NDJollyMon
Mine won't take off, any ideas why, I have it in Hare Mode, but it works fine in the challenges mode all of them, takes off fine there..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval