Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H When ?

Glad your happy !, you got want you wanted and I will wait for something better for my needs and definitely way more modular to adapt to future needs, In 3 years you can buy a P7 with Intel Real Sense and the same body style and somehow be close to a "H", As far as distance ( the only ONE thing the 4 has a advantage on) I can put a antenna mod on and be right besides you all ! Oh I have a P3P and am happy with that, when not doing a firmware or Go update ! Best of luck with your 4

Reactions: Chris McMillan
PLUS.....Check out and compare the specs of the P4 and the H. Yuneec classified the options of the FLIR / sensors / to different price brackets...

DJI has :

Vision system augmented to include two front-facing cameras used for both subject tracking and object detection / avoidance
Field of view: 60º vertical, 30º horizontal
Object detection at up to 15 meters (49.2 feet) away
DJI GO now shows an object detection visual indicator
100 grams (0.22 lbs) heavier

New battery: 5350 Mah, 15.2V battery (rated at 28 min flight time). Some flights from prototypes have been 30 mins or more.
Composite bottom for structural integrity
Micro-SD card and micro-USB port moved to body from gimbal plate
Camera uses same sensor, but has better glass lens and can do 1080/120fps
Motors have same propulsion specs but have been pushed out of the mount, which allows for better cooling
Grills for cooling vents on bottom of arms
Redundancy: dual IMUs and dual magnetometers (compasses)
New propellors (quick release)
Latches at end of each arm are for snap-on prop guards (which can obstruct vision sensors)
Flight modes revamped
Normal mode: manual flight per older Phantoms
Sport option (switch activated), which:
increases max pitch to 45º
increases max speed from 16 to 20 m/s (35.8 to 44.7 MPH)
increases max ascent and descent speed
Disables vision system
TapFly mode: tap on the live FPV screen, and the Phantom flies in that direction
ActiveTrack mode: follows an object you select in DJI GO
Smart mode: POI, Follow Me, Waypoints, Home Lock, Course Lock

MATCH THAT YUNEEC.....Funny because I started with the 5004K months back, despising DJI customer service. Not to worry, Peter at acesdeals.biz will fix any issues with the P4 or any Yuneec product.

6 prop redundancy with the H you say?... how often does one prop die in a quad anyway, or in a hex (if Yuneec would only release the H, we'd know) only if you do not properly mount the props. But the emphasis is just fly safe, do your pre-flight checks and all should be fine.

BTW, here is the H specs:

SPECS
The Typhoon H also maintains the Typhoon family’s focus on safety with features such as Geo-fencing, Variable Speed Control, Dynamic Return Home, Low-Battery Return Home and FAA No Fly ZONE.
Includes:
- Typhoon H, 6 rotor, retractable landing gear airframe
- Ultrasonic obstacle collision avoidance - CGO3+ 4K camera
- ST16 Ground Station
- 1 battery
- USB Charger
- LiPo battery charger
- Backpack-ready foam insert - Full color packaging

That's it folks !!!!
PLUS.....Check out and compare the specs of the P4 and the H. Yuneec classified the options of the FLIR / sensors / to different price brackets...

DJI has :

Vision system augmented to include two front-facing cameras used for both subject tracking and object detection / avoidance
Field of view: 60º vertical, 30º horizontal
Object detection at up to 15 meters (49.2 feet) away
DJI GO now shows an object detection visual indicator
100 grams (0.22 lbs) heavier

New battery: 5350 Mah, 15.2V battery (rated at 28 min flight time). Some flights from prototypes have been 30 mins or more.
Composite bottom for structural integrity
Micro-SD card and micro-USB port moved to body from gimbal plate
Camera uses same sensor, but has better glass lens and can do 1080/120fps
Motors have same propulsion specs but have been pushed out of the mount, which allows for better cooling
Grills for cooling vents on bottom of arms
Redundancy: dual IMUs and dual magnetometers (compasses)
New propellors (quick release)
Latches at end of each arm are for snap-on prop guards (which can obstruct vision sensors)
Flight modes revamped
Normal mode: manual flight per older Phantoms
Sport option (switch activated), which:
increases max pitch to 45º
increases max speed from 16 to 20 m/s (35.8 to 44.7 MPH)
increases max ascent and descent speed
Disables vision system
TapFly mode: tap on the live FPV screen, and the Phantom flies in that direction
ActiveTrack mode: follows an object you select in DJI GO
Smart mode: POI, Follow Me, Waypoints, Home Lock, Course Lock

MATCH THAT YUNEEC.....Funny because I started with the 5004K months back, despising DJI customer service. Not to worry, Peter at acesdeals.biz will fix any issues with the P4 or any Yuneec product.

6 prop redundancy with the H you say?... how often does one prop die in a quad anyway, or in a hex (if Yuneec would only release the H, we'd know) only if you do not properly mount the props. But the emphasis is just fly safe, do your pre-flight checks and all should be fine.

BTW, here is the H specs:

SPECS
The Typhoon H also maintains the Typhoon family’s focus on safety with features such as Geo-fencing, Variable Speed Control, Dynamic Return Home, Low-Battery Return Home and FAA No Fly ZONE.
Includes:
- Typhoon H, 6 rotor, retractable landing gear airframe
- Ultrasonic obstacle collision avoidance - CGO3+ 4K camera
- ST16 Ground Station
- 1 battery
- USB Charger
- LiPo battery charger
- Backpack-ready foam insert - Full color packaging

That's it folks !!!!
Another nervous DJI owner watching his company being totally trounced by the new kid on the block,I'd be jealous to buddy.

Reactions: DroneClone
Glad your happy !, you got want you wanted and I will wait for something better for my needs and definitely way more modular to adapt to future needs, In 3 years you can buy a P7 with Intel Real Sense and the same body style and somehow be close to a "H", As far as distance ( the only ONE thing the 4 has a advantage on) I can put a antenna mod on and be right besides you all ! Oh I have a P3P and am happy with that, when not doing a firmware or Go update ! Best of luck with your 4

C'mon now, children !!!

I understand the frustration on wating after people guessing the release date, especially the folks who are new to the sport and have read up and chose the H, and now don't know when they will release them, if they would have said July then we would wait until then, but that's not the case, they keep moving it back, I don't know the true reason for the delay ( the lawsuit or just not perfected ) or the reason they don't just come out and say, bet I assure you they have their reason, you know they monitor these forums and listen to the people, and like every company they have to sell their product to be profitable, not pissing off future customers, so they must have a good reason, I am a new person wanting to get into the sport , after researching I chose the 4K, just about bought it then read the H was coming, thought cool glad I didn't get the K I'll wait on the H, now like the rest I'm still wating and will continue to, so I know frustration...

I am glad for this Typhoon H forum, It gives me time to kill time, while I wait for the release. Getting to know other "waiters" and "haters" helps kill the doldrums of the wait. The big issue is Yuneec's lack of communication and prolonging information on the delays and set backs. I am sure they knew they had a issue with filling the orders way before they decided to let everyone know a few days ago. Like many, I want a product that works to the best of it's ability, bug free and I can live with the wait for the better.
****, the sun is finally out and wind only 3 mph today, I can finally get out and film today with my P3P !

No where, Ill have to look, I am starting to fall in love with the Yuneec training vid girl, Lee is it? Love the endings of them all " Haah foon wee yoo Tyfoon HeH

Been flying it for about 5 months now. Crashed it once and had to perform a shell replacement. Trees can be a pain in the *** and the reason I was looking at the H hoping the the obstacle avoidance would help.
I crashed mine too. Just finished repair it myself. Will test flight tomorrow.

I had a total of 3 DJI and my last is phantom3pro. All three had major defect problems. From no video signal to tilted / uneven roll gimball during flight.
Some even have problems out of box on first flight.
I switched to Q500 4k and absolutely happy with it. The flight is stable even at strong wind and the colors are superb. I crashed it a month ago and had it repaired yesterday.

For me i will definitely wait for the Typhoon H and not take any more chances with DJI Phantoms.

Just sharing my bitter DJI experience with ya'all. Oh and their after sales service sucks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Nice collection and my wife thinks I spend a lot of money on this :)

I need a new machine for my job and whas waiting for the typhoon h but i don't to wait anymore and switch to the inspire. If you say you come with a new drone well do it and don't come with the typhoon months later. Don't launch a new drone and have any idea when it comes out.

What's your problem waiting? They are out and have been for weeks? Unless your in a place they just got to? If you waited for such a long time, why crap out when they are finally available ?.
Best of wishes with your Inspire !;)

I need a new machine for my job and whas waiting for the typhoon h but i don't to wait anymore and switch to the inspire. If you say you come with a new drone well do it and don't come with the typhoon months later. Don't launch a new drone and have any idea when it comes out.

Also best wishes with your inspire 1 who costs min 2x typhoon H and is only a Quadcopter. (also has old technology if you do not buy the Pro version)

/\/\ax2206

Got mine yesterday, only decided i wanted one a week ago. Im in UK, but I had to ring round every store, finally got one at Quadcopters, they came in stock yesterday. Funnily, its only two miles from my house too!! Result.

Reactions: Dezzzy.D
Got mine yesterday, only decided i wanted one a week ago. Im in UK, but I had to ring round every store, finally got one at Quadcopters, they came in stock yesterday. Funnily, its only two miles from my house too!! Result.

I'm living in Belgium and i'm waiting since 12/04/2016 (placed preorder at a store) on mine. until now no news ...
/\/\ax2206

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33