Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon low light use

Reaction score
I have a request to video several upper dollar homes to show the landscape lighting. Just not sure how the camera is in low lighting. Has anyone done this before? I do also have a Breeze, Dobby, Bebop, and Mavic air. I know Bebop is useless in low light and have been told the Air is too. Any advice?

I flew mine around the yard when I first got it well after sunset. It was at the point where I shouldn’t have, but I did anyway. It was almost dark out. Didn’t record anything but I could definitely see where I was going in FPV through the camera. I should add that I’ve got the H+ with C23.

Last edited:
Put the TH in night mode on the camera (where you'd normally set natural etc), do manual exposure, and give yourself quite a high ISO so you let more light into the sensor. It'll do OK.
But not as well as the mavic Air. That is not so awful as you have heard in the low light department. Here's some tips for that...

I flew my H shortly after I got it well after sunset once. It was almost dark but not entirely dark. The images it produced were surprisingly good given the very poor light...far better than I anticipated: You could tell that it wasn't a daytime flight but without knowing that the flight was conducted in near night conditions you wouldn't be able to tell from the video alone.

BTW. the aircraft looked awesome what with all the lights on the arms. I'm only sorry that I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture of it with my 'phone.

For reference, this flight was conducted in the countryside near to New Abbey in the Scottish Boarders in late July 2016. I have not conducted a flight after sunset since then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33