Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Pilot Simulator - Now Updated for H Plus and 520

My point is that despite the numerical naming convention, the "3.0" version is 3 years old, and is for the H airframe. The UAV-Pilot_2_30_1_setup is the new updated version for the Plus.

Unfortunately, I have not yet picked up a Plus to try this version out. I do have the USB dongle, which has not changed.

If you want to send me your add'y in a conversation, I'll send you the dongle to try out with the ST-16S.

Reactions: jcommstudios
My point is that despite the numerical naming convention, the "3.0" version is 3 years old, and is for the H airframe. The UAV-Pilot_2_30_1_setup is the new updated version for the Plus.

Unfortunately, I have not yet picked up a Plus to try this version out. I do have the USB dongle, which has not changed.

If you want to send me your add'y in a conversation, I'll send you the dongle to try out with the ST-16S.
@Eagle's Eye Video I appreciate the offer! I have the H480 pro and the price was so good I picked up a 2nd reconditioned H480 a while back and they sent the UAV Pilot dongle with the package. So I assume it works fine with the ST16? I haven't snagged a Plus yet either. i did pick up an EVO when they first came out. and I also did the Peau 3.79 lens hack on the 2nd H480 and like the results.

@Eagle's Eye Video I appreciate the offer! I have the H480 pro and the price was so good I picked up a 2nd reconditioned H480 a while back and they sent the UAV Pilot dongle with the package. So I assume it works fine with the ST16? I haven't snagged a Plus yet either. i did pick up an EVO when they first came out. and I also did the Peau 3.79 lens hack on the 2nd H480 and like the results.

Yep, if you have the 480, then that 3.0 version is the one you want to use... and it will work with the ST-16... I know that if you have the option of loading it onto a Win7 box, it is more cooperative... some have been able to get it working on a Win10 box, but I was not able to... so I loaded it on my Win7 'puter.

Reactions: jcommstudios
Yep, if you have the 480, then that 3.0 version is the one you want to use... and it will work with the ST-16... I know that if you have the option of loading it onto a Win7 box, it is more cooperative... some have been able to get it working on a Win10 box, but I was not able to... so I loaded it on my Win7 'puter.
@Eagle's Eye Video Thanks for the info. I have both. Thought I'd try my laptop which runs Win 10 pro but I keep one machine in my edit bay on Win 7. About to upgrade the edit bay. Just ordered what should be a smokin' system. Plan to move the Win 7 machine into another room and if the laptop doesn't work I'll use it. Thanks again!

The thing is if you can start your props, shut them off restart . You need to take off in rabbit mode, once up you can adjust your speed however you like ?

I finally got the UAV pilot simulator downloaded on my laptop. It starts but my controller isn’t working with it. When I click on the file tab it gives me an update option but when I click it on I get an error message. I’ve read that there’s a update for the H Plus but I don’t know if this is it. Also (and I feel a little embarrassed to ask this) but on my controller the badge says st16 not st16s. I thought I read somewhere in the forum that someone else asked that but I don’t remember what the answer was. BTW, I did change the model to Typhoon h.

To begin with, it is correct to see on the controller st16. It is the st16s but they just didn't bother change it. I have a H Plus and can honestly warn you not to use the simulator even though they have an update to be able to use the UAV simulator with the H Plus. I did try it on my H Plus and finally got it to work, but had nothing but grief after with the controller never being the same. It kept wanting to load the simulator not the H Plus even though the drone was started up. I'd say just forget playing around with the sim and just practice with the real thing.

To begin with, it is correct to see on the controller st16. It is the st16s but they just didn't bother change it. I have a H Plus and can honestly warn you not to use the simulator even though they have an update to be able to use the UAV simulator with the H Plus. I did try it on my H Plus and finally got it to work, but had nothing but grief after with the controller never being the same. It kept wanting to load the simulator not the H Plus even though the drone was started up. I'd say just forget playing around with the sim and just practice with the real thing.
That’s too bad. I had hoped to have it for when I can’t fly. I’ve had my Plus for some time now but for I haven’t been able to fly it due to many life and location reasons. I’ve read the manual and practiced with the controller and got familiar with it but I guess based on what you’re saying maybe I should go and fly it. I should mention that I read this forum daily and have gotten a good basic education from it.

That’s too bad. I had hoped to have it for when I can’t fly. I’ve had my Plus for some time now but for I haven’t been able to fly it due to many life and location reasons. I’ve read the manual and practiced with the controller and got familiar with it but I guess based on what you’re saying maybe I should go and fly it. I should mention that I read this forum daily and have gotten a good basic education from it.
The simulator is rather basic and only has one scenery option, but it is still useful for working on your stick skills.I was able to improve my score quite a bit with the 3 different skill tests offered in the software.

Reactions: Tiffin 2018
The simulator is rather basic and only has one scenery option, but it is still useful for working on your stick skills.I was able to improve my score quite a bit with the 3 different skill tests offered in the software.

I’ve heard good things about the sim and bad. I spoke to a tech at Terrestrial Imaging today and he said that some others had inquired about it but he didn’t remember how they got it to work. I’m going to try a couple of other things that he suggested and he’s going to try it on a Plus and see how it goes. He said call him back and let him know if I was successful.

I got the latest update and all was good from there
Where did you download the update from? I did see a update on the Yuneec site but wasn’t sure if it had anything to do with the simulator software. Also under the file tab on the sim there’s a update option but I couldn’t download it.

Was there a positive conclusion to this string; did the version 3 contain the H plus as a supported model AND did the dongle connect to the ST16S? I'd like to buy one if someone confirms...

Was there a positive conclusion to this string; did the version 3 contain the H plus as a supported model AND did the dongle connect to the ST16S? I'd like to buy one if someone confirms...
I've been using the simulator with the H plus since last winter. It's very basic for now, hopefully they add more features in newer versions.

I've been using the simulator with the H plus since last winter. It's very basic for now, hopefully they add more features in newer versions.
I very much appreciate your reply. Would you consider ever buying it again from what you know? In other words is it useful?

I very much appreciate your reply. Would you consider ever buying it again from what you know? In other words is it useful?
For the price it is quite useful. It allows you to work on your stick skills during the dead of winter, that keeps you sharp till the Spring arrives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba