Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Uav pilot simulator

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new to drones in general & to yuneec.
I have the windows version of uav pilot Sim.
Is it possible to bind my st16 to it or am I wasting my time?
I fiddled with it for an hour & am done until I can get some direction.
Do I need the USB dongle version?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Luciano
You do need the dongle! It converts the RC signals from the ST16 into the serial data used by the program.

Thanks so much for the helpful info!
I don't have any hair or I'd be pulling it out!
Is there any place that still sells the dongle?
Yuneec UK says they're on backorder.
I can't find them anywhere.
Thanks again for your helpful insight!

Reactions: Mike Irish
You do need the dongle! It converts the RC signals from the ST16 into the serial data used by the program.

A question that I haven't seen asked before. Will the 16s controller for the plus work with the UAV PILOT DONGLE?
Cheers.
Mike

It will work I’ve used it.
Thank you for that,it's good news. I have the dongle but I couldn't get it to work, so I must be doing something wrong. There was no instructions just a dongle in a little blister pack! Pittl their wasn't more info with it.
Regards.
Mike

I haven’t used it for a while so I can’t remember exactly how to set up. I think if you search Yuneec EU / typhoon h plus simulator you might get what you need there. I hope this helps. I’m going to go back and retrieve the emails I saved from Yuneec and maybe I can be of more help. Let us know if you’re successful. BTW, I just remembered that I did have instructions with the dongle but they were for the st10/16 for the q500 and h480. I keep having little flashbacks. If the yuneec eu search doesn’t yield results try Yuneec DE. ?

Reactions: Mike Irish
I haven’t used it for a while so I can’t remember exactly how to set up. I think if you search Yuneec EU / typhoon h plus simulator you might get what you need there. I hope this helps. I’m going to go back and retrieve the emails I saved from Yuneec and maybe I can be of more help. Let us know if you’re successful. BTW, I just remembered that I did have instructions with the dongle but they were for the st10/16 for the q500 and h480. I keep having little flashbacks. If the yuneec eu search doesn’t yield results try Yuneec DE. ?
I will try a google search now but I am sure that I tried that when I got the dongle back in November of last year. Thanks again for your help.
Mike

I will try a google search now but I am sure that I tried that when I got the dongle back in November of last year. Thanks again for your help.
Mike
If you can talk to someone in support there you might have better results. It was a Yuneec tech support in the US that sent me the link.

So I did as you suggested and put in a search on the forum and found some useful info. I will rest over the tread and try their suggestions.
Mike

Ok found the instructions for UAV Pilot on the Yuneec web site. I have copied and pasted them here so others could find them alittle easier in the future.
Hope this helps
Mike
PS. here is the link to download the software and instructions.

ST16S mit UAV Pilot Software verbinden H520 ST16S VERBINDEN
SCHRITT 1) Schalten Sie die ST16S an. SCHRITT 2) Starten Sie die UAV Pilot Software und schließen Sie den USB-Adapter an.
SCHRITT 3) Tippen Sie auf der ST16S auf das Symbol für Einstellungen [ ] und wählen Sie „Vehicle“.
SCHRITT 4) Wählen Sie in der UAV Pilot Software den Reiter „Fernsteuerung“ und verbinden Sie den Yuneec USB-Empfänger. SCHRITT 5) Wählen Sie auf der ST16S „Manual Bind“ und klicken Sie auf „Bind“. SCHRITT 6) Bestätigen Sie die folgenden Fenster in der UAV Pilot Software mit „OK“. SCHRITT 7) Kehren Sie zum Startbildschirm der ST16S zurück. SCHRITT 8) Nun sind Sie bereit zum Abheben.

TYPHOON H PLUS ST16S VERBINDEN SCHRITT 1) Schalten Sie die ST16S an. SCHRITT 2) Starten Sie die UAV Pilot Software und schließen Sie den USB-Adapter an.
SCHRITT 3) Tippen Sie auf der ST16S auf das Zahnrad-Symbol für Einstellungen und dann auf das WLAN Icon. Wählen Sie „Drone“ aus.
SCHRITT 4) Wählen Sie in der UAV Pilot Software den Reiter „Fernsteuerung“ und verbinden Sie den Yuneec USB-Empfänger. SCHRITT 5) Klicken Sie auf das Aktualisieren-Symbol auf der ST16S. Wählen Sie den USB-Adapter (SR24S_*) aus.
SCHRITT 6) Bestätigen Sie die folgenden Fenster in der UAV Pilot Software mit „OK“. SCHRITT 7) Kehren Sie zum Startbildschirm der ST16S zurück. SCHRITT 8) Nun sind Sie bereit zum Abheben.

Bind ST16S with UAV Pilot BIND TO H520 ST16S
STEP 1) Power on the ST16S.
STEP 2) Start the UAV Pilot Software and connect the USB adapter to your computer. STEP 3) Tap the [ ] symbol on your ST16S to get to the settings and choose “Vehicle“. STEP 4) Choose the tap “Remote Control” in the UAV Pilot software and connect the system to the Yuneec USB adapter.
STEP 5) On the ST16S choose „Manual Bind“ and click „Bind“.
STEP 6) Confirm the following pop up windows in the UAV Pilot software with „OK“.
STEP 7) Return to the home screen of your ST16S
STEP 8) You are ready for take off.

BIND TO TYPHOON H PLUS ST16S
STEP 1) Power on the ST16S.
STEP 2) Start the UAV Pilot Software and connect the USB adapter to your computer.
STEP 3) Tap the gear wheel icon on your ST16S to get to the settings. Select the WiFi icon and choose “Drone“.
STEP 4) Choose the tap “Remote Control” in the UAV Pilot software and connect the system to the Yuneec USB adapter.
STEP 5) Click the refresh symbol on the ST16S. Choose the USB adapter (SR24S_*).
STEP 6) Confirm the following pop up windows in the UAV Pilot software with "OK“.
STEP 7) Return to the home screen of your ST16S
STEP 8) You are ready for take off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Maniac116
I got my dongle from yuneec skin. Followed directions on the website & am nowconnected.
Thanks for everyone's help.
And thank to John from yuneec Skins!

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Hi. I'm new to drones in general & to yuneec.
I have the windows version of uav pilot Sim.
Is it possible to bind my st16 to it or am I wasting my time?
I fiddled with it for an hour & am done until I can get some direction.
Do I need the USB dongle version?
Thanks in advance.
Hi, where did you get the sim? I have the dongle but cant download the software.
Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval