Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

unable to land - turned off motor?

Yes it can. As the thrust vector of the propeller is in the vertical plane relative to the body of the aircraft, failure to lock the boom in place would not have a significant impact on safety during the period the motor on the unlocked boom was subjected to climb power settings.

However, during periods where power settings were reduced for the purposes of descent or hover it would be possible for the unlocked boom to sag relative to the position of the locked booms, which could/would induce significant instability problems.

So the answer to your question is multifaceted; yes it could fly but it would not be a safe way to do so.

Just for general info applicable to anyone reading this thread, performing a preflight inspection and assuring an aircraft is safe to fly is 100% the responsibility of the pilot in command. Any failure in assuring the aircraft is correctly set up and safe to fly is 100% the fault of the PIC, whether they understood how to set up the aircraft or not.

Good point, safety first, anything out of the ordinary = no flying.

By all means, try using Home if you have problems landing. That is the first/best fail safe step.

To replace a motor arm clip:

Last edited:
Reactions: pasdrone1
Hello all,
I just did a back yard flight to empty a battery, flew in angle mode at 3 meters max altitude and when it was time to land the Typhoon H with (RealSense) would not let me.
push the stick down and nothing, I could go up, left, right but not down.. OBS was off.
Had to turn off the motor and I had damage on 3 - H Arm Latch that broke on landing.... lucky me i guess...
Anyone had this before?
I never experienced this.
Thanks
WOW! Sounds like lower your landing gear, then you and maybe someone else stand under the H, then turn off the motors. Break it's fall to minimize or avoid any H damage.
I had a similar problem with my DJI Phantom 3. It would go UP, FWD, BKWD, LEFT and RIGHT but now down, I had to let it hit a tree before it went out over a lake.

That problem was due to the software on my cell phone and in the flight battery was out of sync.

WOW! Sounds like lower your landing gear, then you and maybe someone else stand under the H, then turn off the motors. Break it's fall to minimize or avoid any H damage.

? NOT RECOMMENDED

PSA - Please note highlighted area...

TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1-pg7.jpg

I did tried to do the red kill button but maybe I didn't do it right and panic a bit new flier do that ..
Got ladder? Just kidding, I had OBS on by accident and it did that about 6' AGL, I am 6'1" so I grabbed it and it shut down on its own. Good luck with it!
All was ok after I changed my shorts.
Rob

Hello all,
I just did a back yard flight to empty a battery, flew in angle mode at 3 meters max altitude and when it was time to land the Typhoon H with (RealSense) would not let me.
push the stick down and nothing, I could go up, left, right but not down.. OBS was off.
Had to turn off the motor and I had damage on 3 - H Arm Latch that broke on landing.... lucky me i guess...
Anyone had this before?
I never experienced this.
Thanks
was your landing gear down, I had to bring my landing gear down & up again for the second time

Did you try tapping the Red kill button until it got low enough to hold the Red button and it shut off?
If you push the red kill switch won't it drop like a rock,I don't get it,and how do you practice emergency landings all new to me.

If you push the red kill switch won't it drop like a rock,I don't get it,and how do you practice emergency landings all new to me.

Short taps on the red button won't cause it to drop like a rock.

Reactions: Jimmie
Short taps on the red button won't cause it to drop like a rock.

Reminder if not already stated... the red button technique is only for the H480!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430