Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update to FAA Investigative and Enforcement Procedures

Parts of that are truly scary. The part where a civil penalty can or might be levied even if the FAA made no finding of violation is particularly troubling. That sounds awful close to, if not indeed, blackmail where the FAA could browbeat someone into paying a fine with a threat of being found in violation of some obscure rule if they don't pay a fine. (13.15 (n) [2] ii)

This is true but parts state the FAA will not be restricted in the creation/implementation of new rules.

One pleasant change is the clauses pertaining to burden of proof and evidence. They now more closely align with the burden imposed on proof for criminal activities.

o_O:rolleyes::eek:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O, Me trying to figure what has be said? I gave up after page 7.

As I am very new to drones in general, I acquired a Q500+ from a friend, I have a question concerning registration. I've been reading the traffic everyday to try and get a feel for the procedures and techniques of drone flying and maintenance before I attempt to power it up in the spring here in Pennsylvania. My only experience with model aircraft goes way back to the u-fly thimble drome days when I was a kid. I'm an Air Force vet so I've seen the big ones. When I was in the service in the early '60"s, drones weren't common yet. Computer controlled drone are new to me. My question is how do you register a personal drone? I understand theres an FAA requirement. Any guidance would be helpful. Great blog guys, a wealtj of information

As I am very new to drones in general, I acquired a Q500+ from a friend, I have a question concerning registration. I've been reading the traffic everyday to try and get a feel for the procedures and techniques of drone flying and maintenance before I attempt to power it up in the spring here in Pennsylvania. My only experience with model aircraft goes way back to the u-fly thimble drome days when I was a kid. I'm an Air Force vet so I've seen the big ones. When I was in the service in the early '60"s, drones weren't common yet. Computer controlled drone are new to me. My question is how do you register a personal drone? I understand theres an FAA requirement. Any guidance would be helpful. Great blog guys, a wealtj of information
Register Your Drone

Thank you for the quick response. My plan is to use the drone for real estate photos. I know that I will have to deal with Pt.107, insurance etc. etc. I'm still a ways off from that final goal but the forum has been a great help so far with the tech issues associated with operating a drone and specifically the Q500+ that I have acquired from my recording studio buddy. The threads concerning LiPo batteries, their care and feeding, have been very helpful. I'm picking up a DY1 soon. I think new flight batteries are also in order as the originals were not stored very well. I deal with all that when the weather here gets better.
Again, thank you for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro