Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT NFZ !!! GREAT NEWS !!!

This is mine and there is a rc flying field included in this pretty spirograph of yellow circles the pin is a designated flying area as well. uploadfromtaptalk1469548048973.png

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OK well that is way different the the Q500 series then. You could turn off GPS on the Q but the GPS on the tx ST10+ controller still would not allow you to fire up the motors.

OK well that is way different the the Q500 series then. You could turn off GPS on the Q but the GPS on the tx ST10+ controller still would not allow you to fire up the motors.
Yep correct but what is wierd about the 500 is you do nothing to the st10. When you update the no airport bin. It goes on the q500.

Ya I never thought about that before but I have heard just because the Q's GPS is turned off in reality its still working for the RTH feature. I never have tried it and don't plan to :)

Reactions: armyrcer
Well having the ability to fly with GPS off inside a NFZ with GPS off is just ***-in-nine on Yuneecs part. A very high percentage of people buying the TH have never flown a quad\hex before let alone with GPS off. I flew many a smaller non GPS quads long before I got my first Q500 so at least I had an idea of what it was like flying without GPS. You put some guy out there that has no idea what he is doing with no GPS and he has just become a big hazard IMO :(

Reactions: Niels Bogstad
Well having the ability to fly with GPS off inside a NFZ with GPS off is just ***-in-nine on Yuneecs part. A very high percentage of people buying the TH have never flown a quad\hex before let alone with GPS off. I flew many a smaller non GPS quads long before I got my first Q500 so at least I had an idea of what it was like flying without GPS. You put some guy out there that has no idea what he is doing with no GPS and he has just become a big hazard IMO :(
That's a possibility for sure. The altitude is still limited to 400 agl which helps keep the likelihood that something stupid will happen. Even VFR aircraft are supposed to remain at least 500' agl. Which in theory builds in a 100' buffer. I doubt many people will be flying as close to an airport as I am. Plus I'm 300' below airport elevation. CRW sits on a mountain top.

Good point, it is sad that it has come to this and will not get any better. I have been flying rc for a long time back when the gy401 from futaba was the hottest thing out. You had to build your machines arfs were just starting out. Now you just open the box plug the battery in and go. Then people lose gps and have to fly in manual and can't. Oh well rant over sorry guysits just frustrating. I know i can disable the gps and fly but still would like all the bells and whistles. Alot of us military guys use it to film different training and the Soldiers like it

Reactions: KBflyer
Well another email to yuneec and no release date on the nfz firmware. Will have to say this is my last purchase with yuneec

Reactions: Boredcontroller
Well another email to yuneec and no release date on the nfz firmware. Will have to say this is my last purchase with yuneec

I agree, the TH itself is an awesome platform. But yuneec making their own rules and giving people the runaround about them has rubbed me the wrong way. I'll be going back to dji or blade after this.

Yeah it is a great platform but i will have to agree im going to have to look at other options as well. I am not a dji,blade or any other platform specific type person, but yuneec h is the only one that will not start doing a normal startup. My two 500+ and f450,f550, and xiro xplorer v2 all start and fly. Sad that they cannot have a specific date on release.

Here is the latest as i asked my case to get elevated to a higher level due to previous conversations with yuneec the reply is pasted below.

Hello sir we are working hard to make the firmware available to all our customer's. I understand your frustration and ask for some patience while we work diligently to provide our customer's with that firmware. Please inquire back in a couple weeks.

Well at least you get replies from emails. Not many do get a reply and have to call to resolve issues.
I wonder if this firmware is a in the house type of deal where someone is rewriting the code.

Yeah but most of them are vague and not helpful emails. I dont know if the firmware is being written in house or not. Im not going to call back for two weeks. I will ask when yuneec kicks the can down the road again in two weeks.

Here is the latest as i asked my case to get elevated to a higher level due to previous conversations with yuneec the reply is pasted below.

Hello sir we are working hard to make the firmware available to all our customer's. I understand your frustration and ask for some patience while we work diligently to provide our customer's with that firmware. Please inquire back in a couple weeks.

Its been "check back in a couple weeks" for at least 2 months that I know of.

Yeah i will elevate mine in two weeks, include all the emails of them kicking the can down the road. How yuneec handles it from here is on them. They will either come through or be a company based on lies. With phone converstations i have had to emails. You would think if they cared they would release a statement for this firmware. I am sure there are some commercial guys as well waiting.

Yeah i will elevate mine in two weeks, include all the emails of them kicking the can down the road. How yuneec handles it from here is on them. They will either come through or be a company based on lies. With phone converstations i have had to emails. You would think if they cared they would release a statement for this firmware. I am sure there are some commercial guys as well waiting.

I can't believe it's this bad

I think it's all BS, if you call the tower you can fly on the airport property. This is like buying a car with 1000hp that will only go 55mph limited by the manufacturer.

Sorry in my country it is completely forbidden to fly in a NFZ. Even if you call the tower. It is the law.
There are even NFZ's that can be activated, so you need to check the NOTAM's before you fly. Of course you can fly but if they see you the law even tell us about jail time.

I have a friend who lives in a NFZ around 2km from a international airport. Well he has to ride 25km away from his home to fly, also because you cannot fly over a city. He tried it once with a home build quadcopter and a neibourgh called the police (the guy loves his privacy, even there was no camera installed) and they confiscated his bird. It took him 8 months to have his quadcopter back.

kind regards
/\/\ax2206

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval