Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT NFZ !!! GREAT NEWS !!!

As an example i have the restrictions in my country for today 30/07/2016

CTR are NFZ's
TRA's and HTA's are Zones to be activated for 24h

belgocontrol 20160730.JPG

Attachments

• dailywarnings.pdf
    20 KB · Views: 3
  • dailywarnings (1).pdf
    3 MB · Views: 0
OK here is a little test for you guys. I was told by the group here that you can start your motors and fly anywhere in a NFZ with GPS off, correct? If this is true and I have no reason to say its not and just so you know I do not have the H but follow the post very carefully so I can make a educated decision if I really need one or not. So here is your test. After the last update it gave you guys the ability to turn GPS back on in flight. So if your flying around in the NFZ without GPS and you turn GPS back on what happens? Does it keep flying? Will the GPS turn on? Will it auto land? Will it just drop like a lead fart from the sky?
Who is up to the test? :)

Reactions: armyrcer
I for one will not be the tester my luck it would have a mind of its own and i could wave goodbye on its 3rd flight. Interesting thought though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OK here is a little test for you guys. I was told by the group here that you can start your motors and fly anywhere in a NFZ with GPS off, correct? If this is true and I have no reason to say its not and just so you know I do not have the H but follow the post very carefully so I can make a educated decision if I really need one or not. So here is your test. After the last update it gave you guys the ability to turn GPS back on in flight. So if your flying around in the NFZ without GPS and you turn GPS back on what happens? Does it keep flying? Will the GPS turn on? Will it auto land? Will it just drop like a lead fart from the sky?
You can't just turn off the gps and go. You have to manually cover the GPS receiver on the drone while powering it up, then while still covering the GPS receiver turn off the gps option on the st16, while still covering the GPS receiver start the motors, then uncover it. Once the motors are started it will fly perfectly normal just with no gps. You will get a NFZ warning on the st16 but it won't do anything to the drone. Keep in mind you HAVE NO GPS, so it will drift, will not position hold and you have no smart mode or return to home function.

Here's a photo to prove it works. I'm 1 mile from an airport at my house, I called the tower to get permission to fly (I am also a controller at the same tower and very familiar with the local traffic patterns). Have any more questions? Lol

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 13
Ah ok
Well those points where never brought forward in the posts that led to my test. I was led to believe you just turn off the GPS and your good to go.

Here's a photo to prove it works. I'm 1 mile from an airport at my house, I called the tower to get permission to fly (I am also a controller at the same tower and very familiar with the local traffic patterns). Have any more questions? Lol

Like I said I don't doubt that it works but you guys left out some important information on how to get it to work :)

Reactions: Boredcontroller
Like I said I don't doubt that it works but you guys left out some important information on how to get it to work :)
Sorry about that if my last post with my work around was a bit vague. I just use my hand to cover the GPS receiver. I come up from underneath the battery to cover it that way my hand is clear of the blades when I start it.

Yup well the end result you have it up in the air flying with out GPS and I guess we still need someone brave enough to flip the switch to GPS ON LOL :) c636d8f4.gif

Reactions: armyrcer
Im on day 5 of my 14 day break from asking about the nfz. But whose counting [emoji35]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So when you say nothing happens do you mean it does not go back into GPS mode?

OK so we are back to square one........Yuneec get off your *** and get the firmware out to those that need it.
It's not difficult to fly with out GPS. Flight compete still stabilizes, but the drone will drift with the wind and will coast after you let go of the stick. First time you try it just be in a big open area. It's really nothing to be scared of if you have a little experience.

I fly my Q500 alot with out GPS. I have no problem even in winds (5-10 mph) I spent many hours on none GPS quads before buying the Typhoon 500 so this is a cake walk to me. I do find it wants to goes backwards a lot more without GPS so I have learnt to compensate for that on take off.
Hope you guys get this taken care of.

Yeah I fly a lot but with it being under warranty still that's all I would need for them to say warranty voided when mine has 2 flights total on it.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Yeah I fly a lot but with it being under warranty still that's all I would need for them to say warranty voided when mine has 2 flights total on it.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
Well it's my understanding that if the flight it crashed during was a non-GPS flight there is no warranty coverage. However they were very vague during the conversation like they are on every subject. So the warranty may be void if you ever fly it with out GPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval