Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Drops on ST10

Reaction score
I typically drop video link on my ST10 when reaching altitudes above 340 feet. I always have a clear line of sight and point the ST10 at the Q500 4k. Doesn't seem to help. Dropping the video feed on the ST10 makes it hard to get the perfect photo or video clip. Has anybody been able to boost the video signal link to get a better feed to the ST10?

I typically drop video link on my ST10 when reaching altitudes above 340 feet. I always have a clear line of sight and point the ST10 at the Q500 4k. Doesn't seem to help. Dropping the video feed on the ST10 makes it hard to get the perfect photo or video clip. Has anybody been able to boost the video signal link to get a better feed to the ST10?
I have a new one I got last week. For the most part my video froze when I was 350 feet up and 550 feet out, saying that, I have tall pines all around, forest land. My understanding is trees can interfere with wifi. I also have a few houses around with wifi. Weather I think can play a roll, first flights I got around 300 feet and only 200 feet out and video froze, both instances, I lost one bar on wifi.
I installed itelite dbs yesterday, more to help with better signal. Today i did a flight with 14mph winds, so i didnt want to push it and went 377 feet up and 750 feet out with strong signal. I test it more when winds die down and kp index is below 5.
Lastly, when I installed the itelite, i noticed the stock wifi wire was routed over the GPS wire, very close. I read somewhere they should be routed where there not close, don't know if it affected range when it was stock or not.

Good to know. I too live where we have tall trees but I always try to keep in line-of-sight and ST10 pointed at it. Looking at the ITELITE. Was it difficult to install?

The wifi antenna for video is inside the camera right above the lens. If the Q is straight above you it tends to loose video because the antenna is on top of the camera so the link to the ST10 is very weak. It is also common to loose video when the Q is a long distance away and you turn the aircraft. As it turns the camera antenna signal is somewhat blocked because the camera is sideways. I've always found the best video signal is when the Q is facing away from the controller.

As @Blewbayou has said the Itelite antenna makes a huge improvement with video.

Reactions: Kevlec
I have an Itelite and an external antenna on the camera. I tried the Itelite first and it help. But still loosing video. So I installed the camera antenna. And I'm very well pleased. Actually got out to 5000 ft. although that's not a normal distance I fly. I was so happy to have constant video I just wanted to try a long flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech