Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video editing software

Reaction score
i would like to ask if anyone could give me some useful advice on which software I should try. I havnt had any experience of doing this and would be after something that is pretty user friendly. I have a fairly new Mac that does not have a 4K screen, if it helps I think the specs are 3.4ghz Intel i5 processor, 16gb memory

Thanks in advance :)

Cyberlink Powerdirector 14 Ultimate on Amazon. Loads of one star reviews from 2015 and early 2016. Claims of Windows 10 issues and poor customer service?
I want something easy to use, not complicated. I've been considering Blender but I'm concerned that with open source software as others I've tried to use is going to be rather disorganized and not well documented.
Considered Adobe Premiere elements also.
Both of the paid versions are under $100 and I'm good with that. Blender being open source is free.
I just cant seem to pull the trigger on any of them.

Help me decide. How many times hve you used Powerdirector? Have you experienced any issues that got you stuck?

Reactions: Graeme Buckley
Cyberlink Powerdirector 14 Ultimate on Amazon. Loads of one star reviews from 2015 and early 2016. Claims of Windows 10 issues and poor customer service?
I want something easy to use, not complicated. I've been considering Blender but I'm concerned that with open source software as others I've tried to use is going to be rather disorganized and not well documented.
Considered Adobe Premiere elements also.
Both of the paid versions are under $100 and I'm good with that. Blender being open source is free.
I just cant seem to pull the trigger on any of them.

Help me decide. How many times hve you used Powerdirector? Have you experienced any issues that got you stuck?
I have Windows 10 and have never had an issue with PD14, and it is easy! But your choice!

Blender is one of the hardest programs I've ever had to try and figure out. Never really considered it for video editing, for animation and creating 3D objects it is great if you can get your head around the 5 billion keyboard shortcuts!

Have a look at Magix Movie Edit Pro, I've recommended it to people starting off with video editing and most seem to like it.

Which package to you have? Ultra, Ultimate?
Would you say it is as easy as Movie Maker?
Ultra, and no, it's takes alittle more to learn than Movie Maker. If you just want a basic jake editor, without all the hoop la. movie maker would be better ? i like playing with things and learning new tricks, so PD works great for me and puts out great vids for me!

Oh, and since this was a question asked in the Typhoon H forums, I want 4K compatibility.

PD is, But I believe MM is 1080, don't quote me, as I don't won't to get swarmed by the Killer Bee's ! LOL !:eek:
You are correct. I have been using Movie Maker and that is why I am looking for something that will output 4K. Movie Maker suites my basic needs but lacks the 4K compatibility

I am just a bit gun shy of CyberLink. Back in the day (probably 7+ years ago) I bought a CyberLink product (I think it was a CD creator) and it sucked sweaty balls. I hope you can see my apprehension to purchase another of their products, especially for almost $100. The version I see on Amazon is PD 14 Ultimate 2015 vintage and it has quite a few 'bad' reviews. On their site it says PD 14 IS 4K compatible but it is apparently "NEW" add on.

Just started using Corel VideoStudio X9. AFAIK it outputs 4K.
You can download a trial. So far I find it easy enough to use.

Adobe After Effects ...high end program designed for advanced users..

I never take images anymore just extract them from the 4k video.

i would like to ask if anyone could give me some useful advice on which software I should try. I havnt had any experience of doing this and would be after something that is pretty user friendly. I have a fairly new Mac that does not have a 4K screen, if it helps I think the specs are 3.4ghz Intel i5 processor, 16gb memory

Thanks in advance :)

Look at Adobe Premiere Pro. The learning curve and the price is a little steeper than some other editors, but you will be able to quite a lot with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval