Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Pixelization

Reaction score
Screenshot_2018-10-21-16-51-23.png

Starting up, image looks great.

Screenshot_2018-10-21-17-00-10.png

As soon as I begin to fly, the image gets pixelated. This is only out a few hundred feet.

Something seems to have changed for me. Initially the H plus did not seem to do this. My 480 H would only do this when the bird was out over 2000' . If I recall correctly, the H plus did not pixelate initially either until the last update. Does not make sense.

Antenna :

This is the stock Yuneec patch. I have the same result with the Fatshark 5.8 patch, a 5.8 crosshair, the Intelite DBS and the Intelite Max Range DBS.

I have essentially only flown over water with the H plus.

I this a reflection issue of the water? And if so, why now, not previously with the 480 H (of course different antenna, orientation).

Thanks guys.

I also noticed this phenomenon, it seems to me that the H PLUS does not do it at the beginning. I also have a 480 H that does not do it.

Pixelation is very likely not happening at the camera end. Unless it shows up on the recorded card video we should presume it’s a transmission problem, not a camera problem.

If the system was ever fully powered up without first attaching the antennas it’s possible the video transmission system was damaged.

For those not already aware, never power up a video transmitter without first attaching the antennas. The antennas “load” the transmitter and without that load the output can blow a transmitter. Although actual video transmission occurs at the aircraft side I don’t know enough about Yuneec’s video system to feel power up without antennas to be safe.

Last edited:
I get the same thing but at least the video recorded is clear. This is a wifi feedback issue.

electric current can interfere with the signal, resulting in periods of pixelation.

Being able to isolate the issue is good. Being able to rule out the camera itself is great.

If the system was ever fully powered up without first attaching the antennas it’s possible the video transmission system was damaged.

Yes. I know this as well having flown quite a bit, but I may have done this once. My fear as well.

However, the first shot at close distance shows no video breakup; only after the drone gets flying above water it seems. I will testing this week at the house, just walking down the street and see what happens.

Oh, and the vide is fine. Actually fantastic, heck of a camera.

Pixelation is very likely not happening at the camera end. Unless it shows up on the recorded card video we should presume it’s a transmission problem, not a camera problem.

For those not already aware, never power up a video transmitter without first attaching the antennas. The antennas “load” the transmitter and without that load the output can blow a transmitter. Although actual video transmission occurs at the aircraft side I don’t know enough about Yuneec’s video system to feel power up without antennas to be safe.

This is not due to the camera, you are correct. This happened to me also at 400 meters long and 80 meters lat. The system is powered up, and the system is a go. The first indicator is the video lag, next is pixilation and the 3rd is abrupt loss and the ST16s will reboot.

At present the H+ plus was having problems in the newly built Raiders Dome stadium here in Las Vegas, Yuneec can fix this problem via patching the current build or on the next build.

Starting to sound more like an antenna issue. It’s easy to understand over water as water is highly reflective of radio waves. Develop a sinusoidal signal bounce and a transmitted signal can become confused with out of sync repetition.

Starting to sound more like an antenna issue. It’s easy to understand over water as water is highly reflective of radio waves. Develop a sinusoidal signal bounce and a transmitted signal can become confused with out of sync repetition.
That is kinda what I thought as well; so a 5.8ghz reflection issue. I am flying at 3' - 20' above the waves. Bunk. I will verify as well this week end by flying over my test area which is land, then back to the beach.

Thank you!

I confirm that the problem is more important on the water (shooting of triathlons on lakes )

I get the same thing. I was just flying over some corn fields and was getting very heavy pixelation on the view screen. I was not recording or taking videos. I was showing a potential client how the drone could show him the damage the wild hogs where damaging the fields. I was about 30 to 40 feet above the field. I took a couple of pictures and videos and they were clear. I just got a new replacement ST-16s and I did not have this problem before this. Any input will be nice. It was kind of overcast and I had on my D4 filter so I was thinking it might of been a lighting problem?corn.jpg

I get the same thing. I was just flying over some corn fields and was getting very heavy pixelation on the view screen. I was not recording or taking videos. I was showing a potential client how the drone could show him the damage the wild hogs where damaging the fields. I was about 30 to 40 feet above the field. I took a couple of pictures and videos and they were clear. I just got a new replacement ST-16s and I did not have this problem before this. Any input will be nice. It was kind of overcast and I had on my D4 filter so I was thinking it might of been a lighting problem?View attachment 12107
Are we supposed to see pixelation in this photo?

Perhaps pixilation is being confused with data transmission reception. The recorded camera images are not showing evidence of pixilation.

I also noticed that some weeks before. A friend of mine lost hist RC plane in a cornfield. So i took my H+ for a "search & rescue mission". We watched the video feed in order to find the plane while flying about 15 meters over the field. But after some time the video feed got more and more pixelisation until a point where there was nothing to see apparent. After gaining some heigt and align the cam in a different direction the feed got sharp again. this repeated over and over again so we had to stop the mission :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kege62