Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WARNING DANGER - DataPilot V1.3.15

Reaction score
Last night, I looked at the new datapilot 1.3.15 on a mission I had done successfully. I reloaded on this new datapilot and except for a beautiful graphic in the lower left corner that is supposed to give us the altitude of the ground but that is useless since it gives us no numerical indication of that so completely useless asqu We can not encrypt the ground / h520 gap.
Datapilot planner 2.jpg
BUT THE MOST DANGEROUS is the value that I find in Planned Home Position at the end of the course. In version 1.3.0, my h520 stopped at 20 m. above the ground and waited for me to take my hand for the landing.
But look carefully at the value that now gives V1.3.15: 319 m.
This value of 319 meters is the position of point H and can not be changed and it always returns to 319 meters. (It only changes if you move the H point)
Datapilot planner.jpg
So how do you explain that?
Or the software returns your bird to 319 m. on the ground which is amazing because (checked on the spot) the altitude at this place is 323 m. 4 meters above.
Or the software sends your bird to 319 m. for the Planed Home Position. Very interesting, especially at the end of the journey when the battery is almost empty.
In one way or another, both are likely to lead to the loss of H520.

If you see another explanation, I'll take it.
In the meantime, continue to use the V1.3.0, it brings me back the bird to the altitude that I want. And I hope that the future Androïd version will not have this error because otherwise there will be the loss of material.

(Can someone put the title in red)

Last edited:
That DataPilotPlaneer update has only been uploaded to the USA site. I just checked and I don't see it on any other page. I personally donwload everything from Yuneec UK page. Here, too, we see different ways of acting. The different delegations are still not holding hands, something that should be corrected so as not to drive us crazy o_O

Did you actually fly this outside. or were you just testing the software inside? That value is set at time of mission takeoff and means nothing until then. I have flown many times with this version.

No I did not fly outside, I compared the data on both versions on a flight realized but I'm worried about the measurement of the home point. Four meters difference in the home point can cause problems and I do not trust this system. how to be sure that the h520 will hover above as you can not put any more value. Twenty meters was good for me and allowed to go down to a safe place especially when there is a lot of vegetation.
I do not trust this system and even more so in the mountains.

No I did not fly outside, I compared the data on both versions on a flight realized but I'm worried about the measurement of the home point. Four meters difference in the home point can cause problems and I do not trust this system. how to be sure that the h520 will hover above as you can not put any more value. Twenty meters was good for me and allowed to go down to a safe place especially when there is a lot of vegetation.
I do not trust this system and even more so in the mountains.
HP is determined at time of arming, so there is no difference between DP versions in that regard and the same for RTL, which the 520 is very good at. And as a last resort, you can always take control of the flight at any time during the return or any other time.

HP is determined at time of arming, so there is no difference between DP versions in that regard and the same for RTL, which the 520 is very good at. And as a last resort, you can always take control of the flight at any time during the return or any other time.

This version, 1.3.15 is stable or is it beta? I find it strange that they only publish it in the USA.

This version, 1.3.15 is stable or is it beta? I find it strange that they only publish it in the USA.

I cannot even install it. It keeps saying it is wrong OS architecture on both 64Bit and 32Bit machine. Some say you need to reinstall some .NET components to get it working but I just do not want to. I have the one from GB Yuneec website which is just an archive and it does not require installation. It is 1.3.0 version though.

I cannot even install it. It keeps saying it is wrong OS architecture on both 64Bit and 32Bit machine. Some say you need to reinstall some .NET components to get it working but I just do not want to. I have the one from GB Yuneec website which is just an archive and it does not require installation. It is 1.3.0 version though.

I installed it this afternoon and it didn't give me any trouble. I use Win8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval