Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Watch Me Who?

R

Rayray

This is hypothetical. If you try this it will be at your own risk...

The challenge: You need 2 Typhoon Hs, one ST16, and one Wizard. May be good to do this in a large open area free of obstacles.

Bind TH #1 to the Wizard. Use the Wizard to fly that TH, #1, up to, say, 60 feet or so, and let it hover. Now set the Wizard to Watch Me Mode, switch on video, and attach the Wizard, upright, to a leg of the other TH, #2.

Now start that TH, #2, with the ST16 in Angle mode, and fly up to about half the height of the hovering TH #1. Do NOT raise the legs.

Got it? Now use the ST16 and fly #2 around, run its video if you like, but stay well below TH #1. Keep track of the elapsed time since starting #1 and land #2 when some 10 or less total minutes have elapsed. Turn off its video if necessary before stopping the motors.

Remove the Wizard, switch to Angle mode, switch off the video, and land #1.

Reactions: Subtle Shots
Saw a video of a Typhoon Q500 do just that with a model aircraft about a year ago. It did a just OK keeping up :)

I've been thinking about doing that. Got a silly question though: why does the Wizard need to be upright? When using it for Watch Me/ Follow Me, it does not have to be in an upright position.

It might have been Pat. There have been a couple that I know of. There was one where they actually mounted the ST10+ to the plane. I think that is the one you are talking about. There was another one made after the wizard came out also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy