Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Water damage to ESC and GPS

Reaction score
My Q500 got blown away in a storm. It crashed in a forest. By some miracle, I found it within minutes of looking for it after the storm. It also had minimal damage, only one broken prop and the camera popped off.

It was in the rain for hours though and after letting it dry for a few days I fired it up. The GPS is not working and it is showing ESC problems. Sometimes one bad, sometimes all four.

Is there a way to check the motors?
Is there a GPS unit under the $130 price I see online?
Should I send it in for repairs? I have built drones that still fly. There may be things wrong I can't find though.

I would suggest more drying time. Set it in the sun during the daytime and let it "bake". It may take 2-3 days to get all the moisture out.

I would suggest more drying time. Set it in the sun during the daytime and let it "bake". It may take 2-3 days to get all the moisture out.
We're talking about how long it takes for the drone to dry out not you ya old fart

On a serious note try some corrosionX HD and it may bring most back to life. The ESC's may need to be replaced but it's worth a try to spray some of this stuff on the components.

Last edited:
I think it is fried. I will work on it as a project in the future. I'm going to buy one the new more compact flying cameras.

I'm going to invest into the corrosion products that put a barrier between the components and the water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital