Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

what's the most prefer camera for h+?

So I figured I would dig further into the hardware of the C23. Now making the assumption that the E90 and C23 are identical in hardware, it is safe to assume the C23 is also utilizing the same Amberalla H2 processing chip. If so, there really is no reason we cannot have 10bit LOG files for video, HDR 4K video recording and 1 Second intervals for RAW files to the SD Card utilizing a U3 SD Card. The other thing too, if it indeed is using the Sony 1inch 20MP Exmor R sensor and is presumably the IMX350 chip (If not a variant of it) We should also be able to achieve 240FPS 1080P video off the sensor. So much hardware potential but again, limited by software. What's crazier is it is running off of Linux which could easily be open sourced for expanded potential of the hardware!

I wish I had the ability to crack open one of my C23's and examine the hardware on it because the H2 does support DDR3 memory for buffering and I would be curious to know if any memory was used on the board. Also an FYI, the H2 supports 4G/LTE connectivity if it had a modem on it. I'm really curious if you can utilize adding a 4G/LTE replacement module in place of the WIFI modules that is in there already.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: AH-1G and Ty Pilot
Your answers will be found by answering the question; “What would be the cheapest, fastest way to assemble and produce the camera to bring it to market in the shortest possible time?”
Hi, Pat
It's indeed the answer, thanks a lot.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Fred,

Thanks for that breakdown. I never knew how the camera produced two different images of the same scene. Never made any sense that a shutter would have to trigger twice to do it, with no way to do it fast enough to capture a movement image without some difference between images.

The difference between RAW anf JPG I already knew. With the “averaged” state of a JPG the reason I always shoot in RAW or DNG. Drives my wife crazy as she always wants the finished product to come straight from the camera and can’t put together why a color corrected JPG almost never works out as well as the same photo that was corrected from a RAW file. Too much work to post process a photo from her perspective.
I think the jpg quality that comes directly from the camera depends largely on the camera processor and firmware. With my Sony cameras, I have to work way too hard to fix the RAW file to look as good as the jpg image. I may be able to extract more information in the very bright and very dark areas of a RAW image (dynamic range). But, it doesn't usually work out that way.

Reactions: PatR
I tend to agree. Canon favors red in JPG while Sony and Fuji favor greens and blues. Yuneec casts a magenta hue in JPG that is best removed by altering temperature to the cool side. Pretty easy to work with Yuneec’s RAW format.

With a C 23 on a H plus, and the right firmware can you zoom in buy pinching the screen, thought I read this somewhere.

After watching Jack's video above I had to see it for myself and sure enough I was able to manually shoot a near two second (slightly more) interval for as long as I choose. This was with JPG and DNG being recorded.

View attachment 15885

View attachment 15886

View attachment 15887
I also confirmed JPG + DNG is within 3d and only JPG is about 1.5s due to whole processing cost, DNG only is about 2.2s.
Test with U3 card.
There is regression with latest H+ firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my