Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which Drone Landing Pad Should I Choose??

I use a floor mat of rubber from the back trunk. It's 1,40x1,40 square. The problem is not to launch, but landing can be difficult. But training and training and training is the answer.
Hey Viking, so you don't think having a design on the pad will help out at all? It's more about the size and weight like I have been reading?

I have tryed to land with the cam vertical just for hit the center of the pad (rubber mat), but it's difficult anyway. So a pad with a little bigger size is to prefere. As I said, mine is 1,4 meters square, and that's works for me. If you take a spraycan with some orange/yellow colour and spray a blurr in the center It's enough.

I have tryed to land with the cam vertical just for hit the center of the pad (rubber mat), but it's difficult anyway. So a pad with a little bigger size is to prefere. As I said, mine is 1,4 meters square, and that's works for me. If you take a spraycan with some orange/yellow colour and spray a blurr in the center It's enough.
Awesome thanks viking :)

Here are a couple of really good heavy rubber landing pads. I have one of the Carolina Dronz branded pads I rolled up in the trunk of both of my vehicles.
IMG_1361.PNG IMG_1362.PNG

Just a piece of 1/2 inch sign board and a few bucks at my printer, 4X4 folds in half works great $30 total

Attachments

• 20170507_103308.jpg
    20170507_103308.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 20170507_101508.jpg
    20170507_101508.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 16
You really don't need a fancy landing pad. I use a rubber back door mat which is heavy enough to stop it lifting with ground effect. It's about 3feet x 2feet, light blue in colour and does an ample job of stopping any debris getting into the works. Cost £6.99.

Reactions: mcbutler
Don't waste your money, the prices are obscene.
A piece of rubber mat or industrial carpet does exactly the same job and your not lining anyones pockets simply because its called a 'landing pad'.

You really don't need a fancy landing pad. I use a rubber back door mat which is heavy enough to stop it lifting with ground effect. It's about 3feet x 2feet, light blue in colour and does an ample job of stopping any debris getting into the works. Cost £6.99.
Spot on with this post....

Don't waste your money, the prices are obscene.
A piece of rubber mat or industrial carpet does exactly the same job and your not lining anyones pockets simply because its called a 'landing pad'.
Thanks so much for your thoughts Mcbutler :) It seems like everyone is buying a landing pad for their drone. I am curious if this is a fad or something then?

Thanks so much for your thoughts Mcbutler :) It seems like everyone is buying a landing pad for their drone. I am curious if this is a fad or something then?
fad being the landing pad of course. not the drones!

Ocean State Job Lots stocks interlocking multicolor anti-fatigue floor mats, four 2x2 ft mats, 4x4 ft square when assembled, for $8-10. They can be used alone or attached to a backing such as 1/4 inch plywood cut to the desired shape.

When I use a landing pad I use a 4’ square portion of a rubber truck bed liner since they don’t flutter in prop blast, clean off with a water hose, and roll up for transport. Whatever works for you will do but make it substantially larger than the aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmoarts