Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Which software to use for film making?

Reaction score
Good Morning,
I recently purchased a H520 with a E90 and a CGOET camera.
I'm starting to really enjoy having fun with this, but am now looking at making some videos.
I go fishing a lot and want to make films of my days out.
Can anyone please recommend a software package etc that will help me do these videos, splicing etc etc.
I'm not a Pro, so please keep it as basic as possible for me.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Shaun

Hi Stuart,
Thanks for that.
Someone at a large UK drone business as suggested any of the following:
1, pix4d (basic knowledge)
2, agisoft (mid range knowledge)
3, contact capture ( i think thats how you spell it??? (top of the list and pro

It gets more confusing as time goes on.
Regards
Shaun

Hi Stuart,
Thanks for that.
Someone at a large UK drone business as suggested any of the following:
1, pix4d (basic knowledge)
2, agisoft (mid range knowledge)
3, contact capture ( i think thats how you spell it??? (top of the list and pro

It gets more confusing as time goes on.
Regards
Shaun
Don' know why a company recommended Pix4d and agisoft as they are both software for mapping, nothing to do with general video. Don' know contact capture. I use Adobe premiere pro and Photoshop, but there are many cheaper alternatives out there, depending how deep in editing you want to go.

An easy and inexpensive editing program is Wondershare Filmora. You can download a trial version to see how it works and there are tutorials on Youtube.

Reactions: PatR and Pegasus
Key Waite....
What version of photoshop does video editing???
or do you use photoshop for jpeg editing?
I use Photoshop for editing video as well as photo. I think all the CC versions do video, convert to smart objects, then you can use the camera raw filter, works great for colour grading and then render and import into premiere to edit and add music etc. If you don't convert to smart objects you only adjust 1 single frame

Thanks for that, brilliant.
Ill look into this tomorrow and see if i can work my way through it lol.
Shaun

I use Photoshop for editing video as well as photo. I think all the CC versions do video, convert to smart objects, then you can use the camera raw filter, works great for colour grading and then render and import into premiere to edit and add music etc. If you don't convert to smart objects you only adjust 1 single frame

Kev you get better results with that workflow than using Lumetri directly in Premiere? I watch your videos and I like the color grading.

Kev you get better results with that workflow than using Lumetri directly in Premiere? I watch your videos and I like the color grading.
I have been using Photoshop for many years and I cannot get the same results using just Premiere, wish I could as Photoshop renders video so slowly compared to Premiere. The Camera Raw filter in Photoshop is very powerful and love the dehaze feature.

I have been using Photoshop for many years and I cannot get the same results using just Premiere, wish I could as Photoshop renders video so slowly compared to Premiere. The Camera Raw filter in Photoshop is very powerful and love the dehaze feature.

I haven't used Adobe in a long time, and I'm now catching up. It's like starting over, it's all new. I've seen a little color course for Premiere, I'll take a look at it.

Although Photoshop takes longer to get good results, I like it. Although if i can use Premiere that is more intended for video it would be better. It'll be a matter of trying both methods :)

Wow guys
There seems to be a few different packages.
Kev I'll try your suggestions thanks,
I just need to try understand it a little more.
If you would email me more info on how etc, I would very much appreciate it.
[email protected]

Good Morning,
I'm starting to really enjoy having fun with this, but am now looking at making some videos.
Can anyone please recommend a software package etc that will help me do these videos, splicing etc etc.
Shaun
if you want it easy and to start of with use Wondershare Filmora and then move on to davinci resolve. I use both. Davinci resolve is free

Good Morning,
Shaun
If you want a simple yet powerful FREE tool for professional level outcome with 4K or 1080p, you should download and spend an hour or two with Lightworks. The free version won't allow exporting to a CD, but I can't imagine the need for that in this day of electronic sharing. I love it!

I have been using Final Cut Pro for 10+ years just like some Hollywood editors. It was built for editing video and has evolved. Renders 4K quickly and is only $399! No monthly subscriptions or other cost. Of course it helps to have a very powerful Mac.

Attachments

• 56794306-DFC2-4B40-997E-84E864799609.jpeg
    56794306-DFC2-4B40-997E-84E864799609.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
I've been using Cyberlink PowerDirector for years. It can be simple for beginners but also has plenty of depth as you gain experience. I really like its speed, even when handling 4K video.

If you use Windows, use Davinci Resolve (Free for HD), Wondershare for Picture in Picture and animated Titles, and Hitfilm Express for effects

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval