Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Whiskey D**K landing gear after accident... Suggestions

Reaction score
So after my incident (Yes I am embarrassed about it and no I won't get into details) I replaced the locking clips for the arms and took her for her first test flight. Flight controls are great and honestly, I feel like she got the sense knocked into her because she's flying a lot better. Aside from that, she's got a gimpy landing gear leg. My initial thoughts were that the gear teeth are stripped but I noticed she has no issues pulling the leg up, its after she tries to lock them in that the leg has slack.

Does anyone have any input/suggestions on whether this is repairable if I take the servo apart or is this immediate grounds to order a replacement servo assembly? I have no issues making repairs, I just want to know if the definitive answer is yes they servo is bad or no, it could be fixed upon taking it apart. Videos below for visual detail.

First, swap the landing gear left to right, to ensure it is actually a servo problem or something else.

Not real hard to take the servo apart, just don't get the gears disengaged. The drive screw runs through a treaded guide bar. The plastic track the guide bar runs in may be damaged, and will require replacement.

If the servo housing is cracked, don't fly. It will fail on a bumpy landing, breaking props and motor arms.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackMTaco
I would suggest a new servo as the simplest and most reliable solution. There is no real easy way to fix the damage done to the servo by the hard landing.

you can buy as new landnig gear motors for about $29.00 thats what i did when i had my first crash

So to satisfy my curiosity, I took it apart and it is indeed damaged. The 2 piece hooks on the landing leg armature that ride the jack screw are broken which explains why it doesnt lock the legs in the retract position. Gotta admit, was surprised to to see metal gears workings for everything and not plastic. Made me feel proud of the quality for the landing gear.20190609_092346.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval