Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Why more power

True but the all up weights of the two aircraft are almost identical, which is why I believe the change in power systems was not predicated on weight differential between the two systems when ready to fly. The H-480 would handle it "as is" but with a flight time penalty. Improved flight duration, increased speed, and perceived sound level would be good reasons to make a change.

I totally agree, the move to the new engines was to make an all around better Typhoon and I can't imagine it getting much better in the engine performance and flying category.

The part missing from the “bounce” post was how it was assured the battery was correctly seated. Sorry, but many of the power loss stories can be directly attributed to a displaced battery and without a description of how it was known to be properly secured it’s difficult to impossible for readers to know it was so.
When I read posts about sudden loss of power, even though the battery was later found to be "properly" inserted, I think about how a dead drone would fall. If the battery did vibrate loose (improper insertion or faulty latching), the bird would fall heavy end first. Upon impact, the battery would probably be reinserted into the bird. You'd never know if it had vibrated loose in flight.

For the battery to vibrate loose in flight, in my opinion it wasn't inserted correctly to began with. It only takes a ¼" to dislodge and loose power. The positioning of the battery inserted is COG.
So does it fall at heavy side, hmmmm? :rolleyes:
Someone have a bird they want to test and see how it falls with battery slightly dislodge?:eek:
I don't think it matters how it fell to the ground, It's just heartbreaking when these incidences happen.:(

Reactions: Rubik
The fall to the ground after a power loss is usually not as clear cut as a direct, heavy side down trajectory. They usually wobble a lot due to the aero effects of multiple wind milling props with varying blade angles of attack. In my experience it doesn’t matter where the battery is, they most always impact on the most expensive component to fix. Much like the jelly side down principle; the odds of a piece of toast and jelly dropped on the floor landing jelly side down is directly proportional to the price of the carpet it will land on....

Reactions: Rubik
If some folks are concerned about battery dislodging, why not use Velcro to help keep it in place:D.
I call it the "Red Neck Velcro Absolute Guaranteed Version - For Those To Lazy To Double Check Proper Battery Insertion"© :rolleyes:o_O

Reactions: PatR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs