Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Will the ST-10 Work with the Typhoon H? Anyone know for sure ?

Reaction score
I want to use two controllers with team mode and would like to know if I use st-10 it will work or do I need an ST-16?...
Already know the Wizard works but I'm used to flying with sticks...
Thanks!!

The short answer is no, for now.

The reason for this is that the ST16 is used to control the camera in team mode. This means that the second controller need to be able to handle raising the landing gear and right now there is no way to do that with the ST10. I still think this is a cop out as the wizard firmware was updated to handle the landing gear so I can see no reason the ST10 could not.

Note that you still can connect to the CG03+ with the ST10- not problem there .

The short answer is no, for now.

The reason for this is that the ST16 is used to control the camera in team mode. This means that the second controller need to be able to handle raising the landing gear and right now there is no way to do that with the ST10. I still think this is a cop out as the wizard firmware was updated to handle the landing gear so I can see no reason the ST10 could not.

Note that you still can connect to the CG03+ with the ST10- not problem there .
Could I pilot with the ST-16 and have the camera controlled by the ST-10?

Reactions: Hun il Lee
As far as I know that is not possible right now but a firmware update can fix that and I sure hope they will as I have a ST10+ already.

I think the ST10+ will bind to the camera and the H. But the ST10 only has 10 channels hence the name. If you bind to the camera you can't rotate the gimbal. If you bind to the H, you can't raise and lower the landing gear. Hopefully they will come up with a way to use one of the camera buttons to raise and lower the gear so you can use the ST10 to fly the H and the ST16 to control the camera.
Use the Wizard that comes with the H,that's what it's designed to do.

Reactions: cokeaddict
I too am after this - the wizard does not look like i will get the control i need, i might get an st12 for flying - will the st12 do wifi out with a tablet for video?

I too am after this - the wizard does not look like i will get the control i need, i might get an st12 for flying - will the st12 do wifi out with a tablet for video?
The ST-12 is compatible looks just like the st-10 but has two more channels
For a step up look for another st-16 (which is impossible to find)...I know of one available.
Also the ST-24 is also compatible They are Like $1200 New... Check out ebay you may find one there.

Hope this helps

Those who always want to also control its hopefully not mothballed Q500 with the grandiose ST16 .....
HERE is a short "HOW TO" for binding ST16 with the Q500, INCL. VIDEO EVIDENCE
In the ST16:
1. Select a new model name
2. Select the Typhoon H as "Type", save
go over system in "Bind"
3. tilt the Q500 2x quickly 45 degrees forward
4. in the ST16 "Bind" menu on the top right
Press "Refresh" to see Copter- and Cam ID of Q500 and the CGO3
5. Touch each and press Bind
(Only Copter, then Cam)
Fertsch ....
The video image of CGO3 comes with small mini-interference, since it does not broadcast in 720p.
Of course, it will only work the 10 channels that can receive the Q500 .... All other Knöppe / functions it does not react just ....
Thank God that otherwise in both RC controls are assigned the same for the Q500

Last edited:
Had the ST10+ controller today in tandem with the Typhoon H , now got it all connected and worked fine but as others point out when the st10+ is in control of the H it can't raise or lower the landing gear . The H control did control the camera fine but you don't get any telemetry on screen with it and you see the legs as they can't be raised .
Can anyone tell me if they plan a firmware fix to allow a switch or something on the ST10+ controller to allow you to raise the gear if at all possible or if you use the ST10+ as camera control to allow the 360 use of it ? .

Thanks

Reactions: Kris Bates
Had the ST10+ controller today in tandem with the Typhoon H , now got it all connected and worked fine but as others point out when the st10+ is in control of the H it can't raise or lower the landing gear . The H control did control the camera fine but you don't get any telemetry on screen with it and you see the legs as they can't be raised .
Can anyone tell me if they plan a firmware fix to allow a switch or something on the ST10+ controller to allow you to raise the gear if at all possible or if you use the ST10+ as camera control to allow the 360 use of it ? .

Thanks

When I did a bind as a test with my ST10+ the other day the camera did not point straight ahead it always pointed to the left about the 10 oclock position . never tried to fly with the ST10 though :)

Those who always want to also control its hopefully not mothballed Q500 with the grandiose ST16 .....
HERE is a short "HOW TO" for binding ST16 with the Q500, INCL. VIDEO EVIDENCE
In the ST16:
1. Select a new model name
2. Select the Typhoon H as "Type", save
go over system in "Bind"
3. tilt the Q500 2x quickly 45 degrees forward
4. in the ST16 "Bind" menu on the top right
Press "Refresh" to see Copter- and Cam ID of Q500 and the CGO3
5. Touch each and press Bind
(Only Copter, then Cam)
Fertsch ....
The video image of CGO3 comes with small mini-interference, since it does not broadcast in 720p.
Of course, it will only work the 10 channels that can receive the Q500 .... All other Knöppe / functions it does not react just ....
Thank God that otherwise in both RC controls are assigned the same for the Q500

Hi cant view this video , it must be a private one , needs set to public so all can view.

When I did a bind as a test with my ST10+ the other day the camera did not point straight ahead it always pointed to the left about the 10 oclock position . never tried to fly with the ST10 though :)

We connected it as the st10+ controlled the H and used the H controller for the camera and it all worked fine except the landing gear could not be lifted would be nice if they get a fix for that .

We connected it as the st10+ controlled the H and used the H controller for the camera and it all worked fine except the landing gear could not be lifted would be nice if they get a fix for that .
Gotcha , I never tried it in the team mode settings , only added as a new craft then Bind , to see what happened lol

I would like to do the following thing :
- give the wizard to my "moving target", a man that works for example
- go in watch me mode
- control the H with ST16

So I could concentrate to the height, distance, always being focused on my subject and having nice travellings or things like that.
Is this possible ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval