Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yay! First somewhat successful flight

Reaction score
After convincing myself that my newly purchased used 4K was not damaged in shipping after all and it’s erratic behavior may be because I didn’t read the instructions first(cost me a full blade set), I took a chance on flying with no gps. I put it up to about 5’ up and gently flew through my backyard. Only issue was a terrible drift back and right causing me to hold the stick severely forward/left just to maintain hover. But I still managed a nice circle before attempting a graceful 3 blade landing(yup, it tipped on me). No more flying now until more blades but I’m actually a bit relieved it actually responded to inputs. Next up is a visit to an expert to try it out and get the update connector repaired. Firmware is fine but I can’t run the GUI.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Was the drift caused by a breeze or do you think it was caused by the right stick?

There was no breeze so I don’t know. I hope it wasn’t the stick. Everything checks out on the hardware monitor. I’ll know more this weekend after I get more props and talk to some more experience people.

Everything checks out on the hardware monitor
When looking at Hardware Monitor it can be difficult to see if the sticks return to exactly zero. The right stick is the one that would cause drift if it doesn't return to zero. Always "stir" the sticks rapidly before each flight. That keeps them in working order.

Haven’t had any successes with gps on and I believe it’s due to my ignorance and location. To rule out location I will be moving to a field and recal accelerometer and compass. To rule out my ignorance I will be moving to a field. Iafter the last flight I happened upon the landing recommendation post which should help save me some props.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval