Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Broadens 520 Release?

Ty Pilot

One Hexy Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
copperdawg.com
I was going to post this the the H discussion but thought it might belong here. As we know, Yuneec intentionally released the 520 as a tool for industry and not to the general public or hobbyists. As such it was not sold by the typical retailers that carry the H standard. Well that seems to be changing.

I came across this on my daily checking of stuff on the B&H site, what do you think?

520BH.jpg

That's without the camera so I don't think the price has changed, but perhaps more dealers are able to offer it.

Note that the Amazon sale is direct from Yuneec USA. I don't think this is going to turn up in Wallmart any time soon.

Amazon.de starts to have parts.
and the H is stored and sold by Amazon. The rest will come, it's only a matter of time.

Amazon.de starts to have parts.
and the H is stored and sold by Amazon. The rest will come, it's only a matter of time.

Yes, the H is a consumer product, and the H+ will also be a consumer product. You can buy it online or from a high street store.

The H520 is backed by various support contracts, and Yuneec do not wish to offer those to people who buy at Wallmart.

I guess I just find it odd - from a business standpoint, to limit the initial release as they did - then, more than half a year later start selling to the consumer market - right before the supposed release of the H Plus. Hmmm, maybe its nothing.

I guess I just find it odd - from a business standpoint, to limit the initial release as they did - then, more than half a year later start selling to the consumer market - right before the supposed release of the H Plus. Hmmm, maybe its nothing.
Sounds like they are trying to move more units out of the warehouse. I think their marketing strategy was undermined by the shortcomings of the 520. I suspect they are setting up more sales outlets in preparation of dropping the price on the 520 when the H plus is released.

It will be interesting to see how pricing, product improvements, and active support for the H-480 and 520 evolve after the H Plus is released. Thus far they have developed a pattern of roughly 12 months or so of active support with previous products, with the exception of the Breeze where improvements ceased rather quickly. Then again, they were told eliminating the view screen from the Breeze controller would be a marketing mistake before they dropped the Blade brand of Chroma so the Breeze was more or less doomed from the beginning. The continuous fall in pricing for it is indicative of low sales volume.

In any case, we can hope they change the established pattern where the 520 is concerned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katerosefinejewelry