Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
I have never
Just for clarification, do you have any clue how the channels got changed? Have you done any firmware updates? Made any channel setting changes previously?
I have never found a definitive answer to how this happens.
I have never messed with channels I did a firmware update about a month ago but have made several flights .....I was adding Yaw on the decent of that last flight that i may have not done before just do not know for sure .....Do you think Yuneec will be interested in this or is it hopeless...They claim iu had pushed motor stop for several seconds i respond yes one it was on the ground. I am very surprised the say it was my fault been flying RC helicopters over 20 years and do not think i pressed the motor stop til on the ground

I was adding Yaw on the decent of that last flight that i may have not done before just do not know for sure .....Do you think Yuneec will be interested in this or is it hopeless.
That was exactly my experience. I discovered when I yaw right, the aircraft would descend. Yaw left and the aircraft would climb. I went back through my remote files which indicated the problem started after the last firmware update. I made a spreadsheet of the flights with the values from the throttle channel which clearly showed the change in channel setting occurred following the update.

Yuneec refused to acknowledge anything. Period. They insisted I pressed B1. They said my spreadsheet was useless. After spending nearly 30 hours going thru telemetry files and tracing down the problem they spend 5 minutes to look at their proprietary software which shows B1 was pressed. Of course it shows B1 is pressed because that's the way the software is written. It cannot detect an anomaly. And the techs at Yuneec cannot read telemetry files. They are clueless beyond what their software tells them.

This is a rare anomaly and has only been documented a few times. @RGilmore, who has extensive experience with copters, had the same thing happen, but was able to discover it before his machine crashed. @Brian Mackey lost his aircraft with the same problem. The owner of Drone Mountain, a Yuneec dealer, had his motors shut down in flight without touching B1. I'm certain there are many that we don't know about.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
That was exactly my experience. I discovered when I yaw right, the aircraft would descend. Yaw left and the aircraft would climb. I went back through my remote files which indicated the problem started after the last firmware update. I made a spreadsheet of the flights with the values from the throttle channel which clearly showed the change in channel setting occurred following the update.

Yuneec refused to acknowledge anything. Period. They insisted I pressed B1. They said my spreadsheet was useless. After spending nearly 30 hours going thru telemetry files and tracing down the problem they spend 5 minutes to look at their proprietary software which shows B1 was pressed. Of course it shows B1 is pressed because that's the way the software is written. It cannot detect an anomaly. And the techs at Yuneec cannot read telemetry files. They are clueless beyond what their software tells them.

This is a rare anomaly and has only been documented a few times. @RGilmore, who has extensive experience with copters, had the same thing happen, but was able to discover it before his machine crashed. @Brian Mackey lost his aircraft with the same problem. The owner of Drone Mountain, a Yuneec dealer, had his motors shut down in flight without touching B1. I'm certain there are many that we don't know about.
Yes I am reasonably sure that is what happened to me AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN YUNEEC ... I am getting my large Qaud ready for a job in the mountains in Colorado it is powered by dji naza m ve2 and is rock solid i just donot have the camera control as with the yuneec I hope Yuneec will look at this when i get back WE WILL SEE

Yes I am reasonably sure that is what happened to me AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN YUNEEC ... I am getting my large Qaud ready for a job in the mountains in Colorado it is powered by dji naza m ve2 and is rock solid i just donot have the camera control as with the yuneec I hope Yuneec will look at this when i get back WE WILL SEE
Despite the CS failures, I'm still very much a believer in the overall quality of this machine. All aircraft have failures and DJI is no exception. I rebuilt my H and continue to fly.

Be aware of density altitude; Also leeward and windward wind affects, Lenticular clouds is a hint of this phenomenon.

Last edited:
Despite the CS failures, I'm still very much a believer in the overall quality of this machine. All aircraft have failures and DJI is no exception. I rebuilt my H and continue to fly.
I have 2 other tyohoon h and will likely rebuild the crashed one thank you for your help

After moving their shop it appears Yuneec's customer service department has taken another step backwards. Calling in for some answers to an established ticket I was told I have a 64 minute wait. After sitting through numerous "Your call is important to us" messages and downwards time revisions the call was cut off at the 39 minutes left to wait mark. Previous to this call I was accustomed to being provided a "call back" option from Yuneec. No such offer was made during the entire 25 minutes i was on hold before being cut off, and calling back after being cut off provided a new wait time of 2 hours.

This trend in customer/product support has been on a downward spiral for the past 6 or 8 months. We've seen staff reductions in every department, termination and resignations in management, slower customer service, delays in customer returns, lack of existing product support, failure of quality assurance and feature inclusion with new products, decline in customer service representative attitudes towards customers, failure to respond to questions concerning continuing product support, a near total lack of company generated public support of their products, and failure to attend trade shows. None of this does anything to provide any level of customer loyalty, trust, or assurance.

Although a bunch of new stuff is said to being presented by Yuneec after the first of the year we need a manufacturer that's responsive to their customers to become an alternative to DJI products.

Last edited:
Hmm....well I see some things you need to change in the future. Always use a fully charged battery to begin a flight. Taking off with a bat a 15.3 v is dicey. Flying a bat down to 14.1 v is even worse. That is dangerously close to a shut down. You should be on the ground with at least 14.5 v. The aircraft can become unstable at low voltage.
Also, give a bit more time on the ground to get at least 15 sats before you start the motors.

The H was tilted to 7 degrees on bootup. If it was on level ground, then the accelerometers need calibrating. Make sure you set the H on a level surface for launch.

If you have a landing problem where the aircraft doesn't want to descend, there are several options. The first is to climb up another 20' and try again. If it still won't come down take it out about 50' and climb to the RTH altitude and then try the Home mode. If it still fails to land, go to angle mode, bring it in about 25' away, turn the aircraft so you are looking at the tail, then turn off the GPS. You can land for certain. I should also mention, if you bring it in close and as low as you can get it, then let it hover, it should land itself when it reaches the third bat warning.

The only way to get a response from Yuneec is by phone. They rarely respond to an email. I understand they are closed right now while they are moving their operation to a new location. I have heard nothing about a time frame for re-opening.
Hi Steve, Thank you for your reply! I'll play around with it once we get it back from the repair shop. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It keeps getting worse. Third call today to Yuneec C.S. was disconnected after waiting 24 minutes of an 81 minute period.

For the record, this all stems from a call to Yuneec C.S. last Monday, 11/27 about failure of the histogram on a new 920+ and inability of the system to report firmware versions via the ST-16. Yuneec stated they would call back with a suggested course of action but after 8 days there has been no further response.

Last edited:
Yeah, it would lead one to believe something more is happening than just a move. I'm starting to think they moved in the middle of the night and didn't tell all the employees where they moved.

Pat, are the authorized dealers or authorized repair shops having any better luck talking to Yuneec?

I am not aware of how their communications are being received. I am aware of recent meetings between some vendors and Yuneec and that concerns were related but don't know the results of those communications.

I think they're going under, my opinion. Companies start to ignore their clients and vendors, leaving people to second guess, I would think default (Chapter 7). I really think there were high expectations for the 520 but it didn't pan out, It's just to quiet not to hear from the top. I hope I'm wrong.:confused:

I hope you are too but if they don’t give people reason to believe to the contrary they will establish a self fulfilling prophecy.

This is really weird behavior for a company that not to long ago started offering extended no-fault warranties.

Hi Steve!

If it was caused by a firmware update, then what is still the most stable firmware version for the aircraft, st16, and gimbal?

Hi Steve!
If it was caused by a firmware update, then what is still the most stable firmware version for the aircraft, st16, and gimbal?
I think the current firmware is stable and I have it installed on all of my H's. It's always possible for something to go wrong with any update, albeit, very uncommon. I believe that has occurred in some of these cases. The issue isn't the update failure, but rather Yuneec's failure to acknowledge it.

Reactions: hlorenzl and PatR
Pat, I'm sorry that you have had to deal with such a difficult customer experience... considering how well your previous flyaway CS experience went. At the time of my warranty covered crash in May, my two major issues with CS were the time involved in the repair process (about 10 weeks when they had initially estimated a month) and the overall lack of communication during the entire process which also contributed to those delays.

I do not completely blame the CS reps themselves, since I know from my inquiries about their staffing during my repairs, that their telephone support staff had been cut from 4 people to 2... don't know what the cuts were to their repair techs. With the added layer of no callback option now, I'm not sure if I will contact Yuneec again, unless absolutely necessary. I can talk to Natasha at Carolina Dronz in about 3 rings... :)

Last edited:
Same response is obtained with Terrestrial but like Carolina they can’t authorize a warranty repair. Both can make repairs at your expense but unauthorized repairs are at your expense.

So I called again this morning at 08:02 and received a 5 minute wait time. As those that have called the C.S.line know, once you are put on hold and provided an estimated wait time and automated updates provides a new wait time alert every minute. Just after the the one minute advisory the connection was again cut off. Twice yesterday and now this morning. This repetitive manner of cutting off calls is not coincidental. Just to be thorough I've sent an e-mail response to the job ticket created by Yuneec after the original problem report but we know that Yuneec does not respond to e-mail traffic which does not originate at their end.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder