Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec H battery available for $53 through Amazon prime

Reaction score
Hi there, I know this Yuneec H battery and price ($53) has been recently posted but I do not think it was from Amazon and included with prime shipping. What is interesting is I found the same battery on Amazon but not included with prime and it is priced at $90+. I ordered one and will have it in a couple days. Do others have experience with this battery?? One of my original Yuneec brand batteries is getting puffy so not sure how much more confidance I have in it.. some people say toss it the moment it gets a bit puffy others say good-to-go if it still easily slides into H.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-6300...keywords=ultrax+6300mah+14.8v+4s+lipo+battery

Hi there, I know this Yuneec H battery and price ($53) has been recently posted but I do not think it was from Amazon and included with prime shipping. What is interesting is I found the same battery on Amazon but not included with prime and it is priced at $90+. I ordered one and will have it in a couple days. Do others have experience with this battery?? One of my original Yuneec brand batteries is getting puffy so not sure how much more confidance I have in it.. some people say toss it the moment it gets a bit puffy others say good-to-go if it still easily slides into H.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-6300...keywords=ultrax+6300mah+14.8v+4s+lipo+battery
I own 2 of these and will be purchasing more. Great value and as good or better than the OEM version in my opinion.

mine came in today, charging now, will test them out either tomorrow or saturday...yuneec can stick their batteries up their ***

mine came yesterday and I flew it today..... I got 15 minutes of fairly agressive flight time out of it.... it started at 16.4V and I stopped flying at 14.5V. I normally do not run lower than 14.5V. Seems about the same as the Yuneec brand in this very non-controlled/scientific experiement... but at half the price!! After a few charge cycles, I will fly with the GPS off since this loads the battery much more when I fly at 50+ MPH versus ~25MPH with GPS on... BTW, I fly over all private land in a 300 foot deep valley so I am not concerned about the speed but it works great to load the batteries hard and watch the voltage dip when tearing along and recover when hovering... not sure if this is bad or not on batteries... anyone have input on loading the batteries hard in this manner??

Depends on the C rating of the cells. If above 20C or so, no problems but if they are rated at only 5 -10 there could be cell damage occurring during high discharge periods. Yuneec doesn't say what the C ratings are. The manner they drop voltage under high load suggests they may be of low C rating. I have been told the Gens/Tattu batteries are 25C but no documentation was provided to support the claim.

...yuneec can stick their batteries up their ***

I'm not sure why you are saying this. I own 8 genuine Yuneec batteries and (after using them for the past 12+ months) have no issues whatsoever with them. Sure, there may be some debatable/unquantifiable advantages with other brands of compatible batteries, but from my personal experience, the batteries from Yuneec are just fine.
Like any LiPo, a lot of the issues are related to how you treat, store and charge your batteries.

I'm not sure why you are saying this. I own 8 genuine Yuneec batteries and (after using them for the past 12+ months) have no issues whatsoever with them. Sure, there may be some debatable/unquantifiable advantages with other brands of compatible batteries, but from my personal experience, the batteries from Yuneec are just fine.
Like any LiPo, a lot of the issues are related to how you treat, store and charge your batteries.

I say this becasue after having my H in repair for 6 out of the 7 months ive owned it and it was non accident related. when i finally got it back, I charged the batteries up to go test it out and noticed that 2 are starting to puff up and the 3rd wont charge at all...yuneec was nice enough to let me know that they only warranty batteries for 1 month while other places offer a full year, and they were nice enough to offer to sell me new batteries at full price... **** yuneec...

Too much info missing to place blame on the batteries. I've been using 6 Yuneec batteries since May last year with no issues. But I take care of my batteries because I understand their requirements.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval