My 3 experiences with Yuneec support:
1. Sent (less than a year ago) in my Q500 4K because one of the wires deep inside the battery compartment was not connected. No charge, received back in 3 Weeks.
2. October, sent in my Q500 4K and Typhoon H Pro for repair (pilot error). I was quoted a price on the repair for the H, authorized it, and bird came back in 3 weeks...no issue.
Now comes the nightmare: About 2 weeks after I sent in the Q500 I was quoted a price for repair and authorized it. 3 weeks later I'm still waiting on my bird to return home when I get an email from Drone Nerds telling me that they've found an issue with the camera and it would need to be replaced for an additional $499.
I responded to them saying that I would have not have authorized the repair of $339.00 that was quoted 3 weeks back, had I known they were going to latter add to this (you can now get a band new Q500 4K bundle with all the trimmings for $425 on Amazon - hard case and backpack included). Still, I said I would meet them half way and spend an additional $250 to complete the fix with a 1 week deadline to simply respond with something tangible as it related to my offer. That was two weeks ago. I've tried emailing back Rob at Drone nerds (the one asking for more money) on several occasions without a response. What I do get are emails from Yuneec telling me I need to contact Drone Nerds. I keep telling them I'm responding directly to the email from Drone Nerds but they could not grasp that concept and a long email chain ensued (there is no email on Drone Nerds' website btw and I wanted all of this documented). And after all, I did send the drone as instructed to Yuneec in Ontario, CA (not Drone Nerds in Miami, FL). It's not my responsibility to chase down a 3rd party that they farm out repair work to (even though I took that responsibility in an effort to resolve the issue).
So I gave them an extended deadline to respond to my generous offer. All I got was an email telling me that my case was being updated. Then a few days later the same email again. I responded by asking "what does this mean?" This led to another email chain with Yuneec telling me I need to contact Drone Nerds.
The extended deadline ended today and I've not received a response from either Yuneec nor Drone Nerds. It's been six weeks since I sent in the bird into Yuneec. They can keep the drone and I'll simply dispute the charges on my credit card.
So, some lessons learned:
1. If you have an H that needs repair, it gets repaired by Yuneec in Ontario, CA (you shouldn't have the finger pointing issues I had).
2. If you have a Q it gets farmed out to Drone Nerds (So you ship it to California and they ship it to Florida...real efficient Yuneec).
3. If you respond to an email from Drone Nerds, the email get's routed to Yuneec...it's a vicious cycle you don't want to get into.
4. I understand there are other repair options now, haven't read the thread on this yet.
5. Just to add to the comedy of errors, just as I was about to post this, I get another one of their meaningless emails:
If this message was received in error discard and do not respond to email. The message is sent out for further communication to know what your request might be.
Yuneec USA Inc.
I responded and congratulated them on purchasing back a used drone.