Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

yuneec st16 and st16s power options

Reaction score
After discussing the st16s battery with terrestrial imaging and after they seen how I did a modification that allowed me to use the h480 st16 battery on the h520 st16s controller. He mentioned That I should be able to use the same mod for any regular 1 cell lipo batteries on the market to power the h520 controller so long that the battery has the matching connector. If I can confirm that I can I will no longer be tied to yuneec to power the st16s controller.

You can DIY almost any battery arrangement as long as you supply 4 volts to the plug.
I have not measured the current draw, but I suspect it's about 1 amp.
One example might be an old 3s LiPo with a DC-DC buck converter in line.

After discussing the st16s battery with terrestrial imaging and after they seen how I did a modification that allowed me to use the h480 st16 battery on the h520 st16s controller. He mentioned That I should be able to use the same mod for any regular 1 cell lipo batteries on the market to power the h520 controller so long that the battery has the matching connector. If I can confirm that I can I will no longer be tied to yuneec to power the st16s controller.
You do know other batteries are available?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig