Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Auzzie, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!
My H is solid.. no issues. I think these things happen with all makes if drones.

My H was in the shop 5 weeks, you call that good CS ? My P3 and P2 were in and back in 3 weeks!. It depends on the issues and the time sent in. No manufacturer has a market on "The Perfect" customer service experience, and one person may receive excellent and the next lousy CS, It's varies with every manufacturer out there!

is it possible they were stalling your repairs on purpose if they knew they software is was to blame? I had a completly non flyable TH, and the Sept 27th firmware was the only thing I did to get it back in the air.... I didn't read all your timeline/events to know - but based on your 5 week comment, thats about the time crap hit the fan for me, and its been not usable at all until the update on the 27th. if they knew that code was coming (or what the real issue was the whole time) they could be stalling your repair, so they could send it back to you with that code level? if thats the case it should be leaving the repair depot any day. Once of the ones I had sent back took about 10 days to get there, and 10 days back, but it was only 2 days in the shop - however they sent it back with a code level that didn't work - and it was only the Sept 27th code that made it work.

That said, I am surprised mine is working again.... I was convinced there was defect that could be difficult or impossible to resolve, and yet a software patch fixed it.... there is hope.... especially if the return window has closed.... I really hope your luck improves like mine did. But Like you I remain cautious and will not be so quick to buy another product from them without how others have faired.

I'm very disappointed in Yuneec, I had a q500 drone that simply fell from the sky, Went out with 60% charge and dropped from 30ft within 4mins immediately after one warning.
Yuneec CS don't appear to be interested in why. I suspect the cheap door latch lock and the battery working loose while up in the air, since my unit landed a few time with that open.
I feel lucky no-one was hurt, very little damage overall but I have really lost confidence in this brand. Shame really.

I'm very disappointed in Yuneec, I had a q500 drone that simply fell from the sky, Went out with 60% charge and dropped from 30ft within 4mins immediately after one warning.
Yuneec CS don't appear to be interested in why. I suspect the cheap door latch lock and the battery working loose while up in the air, since my unit landed a few time with that open.
I feel lucky no-one was hurt, very little damage overall but I have really lost confidence in this brand. Shame really.

I have a Q500+ also and its works very good. I have never had a battery fall out. That machine fly's so docile that I would be surprised it could cause the battery to come out.
With that said. The door latch part was replaceable, and was something like $15 bucks to get a new one. If felt this was the issue why would you not replace it?

I have a Q500+ also and its works very good. I have never had a battery fall out. That machine fly's so docile that I would be surprised it could cause the battery to come out.
With that said. The door latch part was replaceable, and was something like $15 bucks to get a new one. If felt this was the issue why would you not replace it?

It was still locking, seemed fine most of the time. I'd even ordered a new one but it hadn't arrived, now also new landing gear, and new propellers, so the whole repair will likely cost me under 30GBP, it's not the price/money that's the issue. It the fact that my unit fell and the lack of care/service after that happened.

It was still locking, seemed fine most of the time. I'd even ordered a new one but it hadn't arrived, now also new landing gear, and new propellers, so the whole repair will likely cost me under 30GBP, it's not the price/money that's the issue. It the fact that my unit fell and the lack of care/service after that happened.

Why it fell from the Sky is important. If the battery fell out that ones thing.

Before you spend the money to fix that, try connecting it the GUI and check the motors and ESC controllers etc. However, its likely that the battery itself is what is at issue. LiPO's seem to fail suddenly. They are designed to discharge even power until empty, but when something goes wrong with them they just stop working. The chargers yuneec ships with are not very good either as they don't do a proper balance charge. I sense you know what your doing if you are willing to order a repair kit, but check the battery cell voltages also and if they are different you may have a battery issues.

That all said, the Q500 forums are a better fit for your trouble shooting as they likely have more people that know more than I do. I have had that for 1.5 years and had no issues with it, so have not done much trouble shooting.

As for your original comment about Yuneec building junk - its possible they do, but those parts are assembled by them - they don't build them. Those are largely the same parts everyone uses. They have had their issues with software, but the hardware build quality of the TH seems pretty solid itself.

As for your specific reason around the battery. The battery itself is the highest risk part in the whole system. There is many issues with batteries these days from smart phones, to laptops to drones that I'm not surprised one failed on you. It sucks, but with the limited information you shared about your situation, I think most here would concluded it was a failed battery, or a battery with a stale charge, or even using the yuneec supplied charger over and over again will likely cause damage to the battery. I think thats why most of us get the full balance charges so we can see inside the chemistry of the battery and try and get an early warning about the battery condition.

before you fly your Q again, do a battery check, and the ESC tests etc. I hope you find the root cause of your issue. I am very happy with my Q, and starting to be happy with my TH now that I that I understand the software appears to be the root cause and they seem to have corrected that.

Thank you for the advice, I've checked esc's, motors and even had it flying since, the damage to be repaired is purely aesthetic now. BTW I never said they built junk, but I certainly could call out of couple of cheap parts that they could improve on, the lock latch being one especially if it's purpose is to keep the battery in.

Thank you for the advice, I've checked esc's, motors and even had it flying since, the damage to be repaired is purely aesthetic now. BTW I never said they built junk, but I certainly could call out of couple of cheap parts that they could improve on, the lock latch being one especially if it's purpose is to keep the battery in.

thanks true, "junk" was my word....
And I will give you the door latch on that could be built better. I have not broken mine and it still feels secure, but I guess its always good until its not.

I use to think all parts had to be strong, but after crashing my TH for example, it seems to be that some parts are specifically built low quality so they act like a crumple zone, and absorb the impacts to hopefully avoid more expensive damage. Not sure if Yuneec tests for this - but my impulse was to believe that the cheaper parts were designed to protect something else. Even the latching systems, My suspicion is they are designed to let the battery fly out at a certain type of impact as they can catch fire or so power is cut off and the motors don't keep spinning causing it to overheat etc.

I don't know for sure, but I feel that some of the cheaper parts at least are by design.

Either way, welcome to the forums, I see your pretty new - don't let me scare you off - I just came off a rather angry bit with the TH myself....

Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Auzzie, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!
Same happen to me. I am going to use an inspire for work. Good luck. Fight them. Don't get ripped off.

Same happen to me. I am going to use an inspire for work. Good luck. Fight them. Don't get ripped off.
After posting twice in this thread (on page 6), you have now gone back and re-quoted the very first post as if it was your first time to read it. Please go troll somewhere else.

Reactions: Rayray
I was the first US consumer was able to pick mine up a day before and did an unboxing video on my channel so point is i had the very early batch and had 1 problem...it wouldnt get pass 500ft out and if i took my hands off the sticks it drifted back to me...so i walked into yuneec (ontario,ca) and they attempted 3 antenna repairs and after test flights realized a dud...so they replaced with a new unit and thankfully i havent had problems yet and im hoping i wont....im a q500 and a q500+ owner and never heard so many problems....i beleive yuneec knew about the p4 and had to come up with competition and even with the huge delay they made this one quick it should have not been released until perfection or very minor flaws that would not greatly impact flight and be fixed with updates...

I love my H but was dissapointed by the delays, lies, huge anticipation of RS being their main show off feature then NOT include it...yuneec needs to recall certain batches like samsung and the note7 and overhall them to perfect conditions and re ship flawless birds...they are fully aware of which drones (via serial #'s) were too early released and should setup a recall list..Im hoping as time goes by updates that have been alpha and beta tested numerous times internally will fix all issues that are happening....till then, drone on!

Reactions: eric bee
Got mine in late July, flew it twice....complete gimbal failure. Sent it back. Still in for repair. Two total flights for a total of 35 minutes in the air.....this thing is a joke. My Autel Robitics X-Star Premium, took it out of the box, charged the batteries, did a firmware check and up she went. I have had it in the air 16 times for a total of about 5 hours flight time... NOT one issue. It is flawless.

Get your crap together Yuneec!

Reactions: David Wilson
I usually vent on FB with Steve Carr but after reading these posts I decided to pipe in. Just going thru the process of uploading the flight log for the 3rd time. Replaced GPS module, Compass and shells on the 2nd time. When I got it back I did all the calibrations and flew it for a whole battery with no issues. Took it out for the 2nd flight did compass and put it at 10 feet where it decided to get a mind of its own without responding to any commands including RTH. Flight was about 12 seconds and the H decided to commit suicide on a dry docked yacht! Exactly the same behavior on the 2nd crash. I agree Yuneec is stating that there are very few reports and repairs which contradicts every learned pilots are experiencing.

When something doesn't work right, people complain. When it works rights, they go about playing with the toy as usual and very few would say nice words about it. So naturally when they come to a forum like this and a handful say the H sucks and people after them see the complaints they might conclude they should stay away from H. For every complaint about a product, there are a lot of people who are happy.. and they say nothing. You won't see the compliments. People are eager to complain but not to praise.

I am sorry for the people who are having a bad experience with H. I am happy with mine. I crashed it twice and sent it for repair. It was my fault both times.

As for the "Made in China" thing, isn't DJI a Chinese company and their drones are made in China? Which drone in the same league as the H is made in the US?

So true. Also some simply love to rave and rant...and extol their own virtues.

Anyone who doesn't believe there is a MASSIVE, WIDESPREAD issue with the Typhoon H is absolutely kidding themselves. To those of you that have rock solid birds.. congrats. But there is absolutely NOTHING normal about the failure rate that is being reported. There are a literally shocking amount of reported crashes and flyways not related to user error.

Anyone who doesn't believe there is a MASSIVE, WIDESPREAD issue with the Typhoon H is absolutely kidding themselves. To those of you that have rock solid birds.. congrats. But there is absolutely NOTHING normal about the failure rate that is being reported. There are a literally shocking amount of reported crashes and flyways not related to user error.

I've not seen massive widespread reports of crashing and fly aways, where are the reports? I have seen far less reports with the Typhoon H than practically any new firmware on say a DJI Phantom. If you want to see fly away reports check out phantompilots.com.

How are you calculating failure rate? Do you have some inside information? Polls here are meaningless. People complain when they have problems. DJI shills post continuous negative BS. Sorry if you have had real problems. Many of us have not. Be glad you don't have to deal with DJI service.

I've not seen massive widespread reports of crashing and fly aways, where are the reports? I have seen far less reports with the Typhoon H than practically any new firmware on say a DJI Phantom. If you want to see fly away reports check out phantompilots.com.

How are you calculating failure rate? Do you have some inside information? Polls here are meaningless. People complain when they have problems. DJI shills post continuous negative BS. Sorry if you have had real problems. Many of us have not. Be glad you don't have to deal with DJI service.

You guys are out of your minds... I read at least 2 new reports PER DAY on Facebook and the various forums about new flyaways. Look - I don't care what you guys do.... keep your head in the sand you your heart loyal to a brand. enjoy your birds that work great.

To anyone else - I would NEVER recommend Yuneec at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge