Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneeker seeker -

Reaction score
I have a drone that out of the box fulfilled all my expectations. Now, however, (one week later) I am unable to fly this once magnificent machine due to a non binding issue. Did some dabbling and discovered that there is no drone to choose from on my transmitter when I tap 'bind' Huh?
If I am able to make a choice (in other words somehow get a q500 model to appear on the screen when manually tapping bind I might solve my problem.
If any of you fellow drone/yuneec enthusiasts have encountered a similar issue please point me in the direction I must go.

First, you should create a new "model" on the controller. Not sure why that works, but sometimes it does.
Second is to ensure the Q500 is really in binding mode. The flashing blue light on the Q500 has fooled many folks, because that was the color used on earlier models to indicate binding mode. Not so on Q500. Binding mode is flashing ORANGE rear led.
Ensure you have tilted the drone forward at least twice to see if the rear LED will flash orange.

If all else fails, grit your teeth and work through the full verification attached below. Note where the process fails, and post it here, and maybe we can find a solution.

Attachments

• Bind Verification, ST-10+ To Q500 .pdf
    495.1 KB · Views: 4
First, you should create a new "model" on the controller. Not sure why that works, but sometimes it does.
Second is to ensure the Q500 is really in binding mode. The flashing blue light on the Q500 has fooled many folks, because that was the color used on earlier models to indicate binding mode. Not so on Q500. Binding mode is flashing ORANGE rear led.
Ensure you have tilted the drone forward at least twice to see if the rear LED will flash orange.

If all else fails, grit your teeth and work through the full verification attached below. Note where the process fails, and post it here, and maybe we can find a solution.
Thank you for your time and advice. I shall attempt the remedy you have suggested and cross my fingers, and grit the teeth. I will let you know the outcome

Reactions: WTFDproject
Thank you for your time and advice. I shall attempt the remedy you have suggested and cross my fingers, and grit the teeth. I will let you know the outcome

@yuneeker,
If “English” is not your first language, please see post https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/st10-binding-verification.15881/.
That post has a few translations in “text” format, and also a “text only” version of the original document that can be more easily translated than the full PDF.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder