Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4th of July Update Bricked ST16S

Reaction score
I just started the update, and everything went fine till it was the TX turn to update.

First off it said I was updating from 0.3.0 to 1.0.1 or something very close to that. Then it reboots and downloads version 0.33.0 and says that it was on version 0.0.1?? After that the screen went dark like when it was charging and the only indicator that anything was happening was when I plugged in to charge and the indicator came on. Thats it.

I waited ten minutes and it never did anything else (Still waiting.), so I turned it off. When I turn it back on with nothing plugged in, screen comes on once and has the logo, then the screen turns off and that is it. Even when I was left on for more than ten minutes (Again.), NOTHING.

Did this update brick my ground station!? How do I hard reset this thing if it wont boot? I don't have the time or money to let some tech tell me to pass it on to the developers.

Help!

The search tool will help you. Lots of good info. on this forum.:)

sorry to hear that. Important atleast for this one make sure the batteries are at full charge on both h520 craft and the st16s.
Check the post for this firmware on the main 520. Some one else had issue when doing it and got it recovered.
Just updated mine completely without major issues. was a little nervous when the tx update said power cycle the controller with the side switch did so and still powered on. Pull the battery and reinsert it (my st16s was modified to use the old h480 st16 batteries not the new ones). Turned the st16s back on got the android system update screen then reboot and then full bootup of the system and updated the h520 firmware.

The search tool will help you. Lots of good info. on this forum.:)

Dude, I honestly cant tell if you're being sarcastic, and no it did not yeild any result when I looked a few hours ago (Wording?). Going to try again in the morning, and if you have a suggestion please make it with a link. Telling me to basically google it (Search forum.) does not really help me.

Cheers

sorry to hear that. Important atleast for this one make sure the batteries are at full charge on both h520 craft and the st16s.
Check the post for this firmware on the main 520. Some one else had issue when doing it and got it recovered.
Just updated mine completely without major issues. was a little nervous when the tx update said power cycle the controller with the side switch did so and still powered on. Pull the battery and reinsert it (my st16s was modified to use the old h480 st16 batteries not the new ones). Turned the st16s back on got the android system update screen then reboot and then full bootup of the system and updated the h520 firmware.

I'll check that suggestion.

Also, with the exception of the "main" 520 threads. I have covered the basic trouble shooting steps that can be done since the issue arose three hours ago. Going to call it and come back to it tomorrow.

I'll check that suggestion.

Also, with the exception of the "main" 520 threads. I have covered the basic trouble shooting steps that can be done since the issue arose three hours ago. Going to call it and come back to it tomorrow.
OK, I had this as well and posted it in my thread new firmware released.
Along the bottom of the st16s screen are 5 soft buttons. Turn on the st16s and constantly tap the centre button, my st16s then booted up and then run updatepilot again to finish update.

Along the bottom of the st16s screen are 5 soft buttons. Turn on the st16s and constantly tap the centre button, my st16s then booted up and then run updatepilot again to finish update.

Thank you! It seems to have done the job. Now I just have to see if it does it again when I update o_O

Reactions: Kev Waite
Dude, I honestly cant tell if you're being sarcastic, and no it did not yeild any result when I looked a few hours ago (Wording?). Going to try again in the morning, and if you have a suggestion please make it with a link. Telling me to basically google it (Search forum.) does not really help me.

Cheers
Nope, wasn't being sarcastic. The info is here, sometimes you have to change the search wording to get the info you're looking for.

I’d like to know why the manual never got inside this small tips that could avoid to drive MAD [emoji34] the people... Furtherly trying to push switch cause the” desperation “ of the moment, the biggest risk is to damage things fixed the minute before...

I’d like to know why the manual never got inside this small tips that could avoid to drive MAD [emoji34] the people... Furtherly trying to push switch cause the” desperation “ of the moment, the biggest risk is to damage things fixed the minute before...
Three words: Minimum Viable Product

Reactions: DroneCalzone
This is crazy to me that this works but it does. This happened to me when I updated today. Smh. Thanks Kev!

THANK YOU !!! ... Had the same problem and the solution worked great ... just waited until i saw the Yuneec splash screen and started spamming the middle soft key until it booted into DataPilot

This just worked for me too. SAVED MY DAY!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval