Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

720 video feed from Typhoon H, I got a question.

Reaction score
Ok I got about 5 flights in with the H, Flies great, Distance wise at about 165 feet up I hit 2100 feet out before I lost video, but video came back and I could have gone more I think. And that was flying over trees.

Now for the question, my video in the controller screen is, whats the word for it, choppy. Now I understand lag, is this lag or something else. At 20 feet away or 1500 feet away it is choppy. Is that normal? in my P3 my video to my iphone was smooth all the time till I lost signal a few(lets just say way out there)

When I hover at 150 feet up then aim cam to look at cars. When the cars moves the car jump forward you see car, jumps forward, you see car. Also when I pan the Cam the up or left and the picture studders, never smooth. When watching the Video in PC all is fine.

I have not upgrade any of the firmware. Are any of those updates to help with smooth 720 playback on the controller coming from the Typhoon H?

Panning the camera is one!

Ok. But is the video in the ST16 suppose to be smooth other then having a .80 of sec lag? because when someone says lag, to me it means the cam is show a .80 sec picture of the passed not studdering every sec.

Ok. But is the video in the ST16 suppose to be smooth other then having a .80 of sec lag? because when someone says lag, to me it means the cam is show a .80 sec picture of the passed not studdering every sec.
It's related to the speed of the wifi signal mainly and the 720 format

Last edited:
Reactions: Forrestt
Ok I got about 5 flights in with the H, Flies great, Distance wise at about 165 feet up I hit 2100 feet out before I lost video, but video came back and I could have gone more I think. And that was flying over trees.

Now for the question, my video in the controller screen is, whats the word for it, choppy. Now I understand lag, is this lag or something else. At 20 feet away or 1500 feet away it is choppy. Is that normal? in my P3 my video to my iphone was smooth all the time till I lost signal a few(lets just say way out there)

When I hover at 150 feet up then aim cam to look at cars. When the cars moves the car jump forward you see car, jumps forward, you see car. Also when I pan the Cam the up or left and the picture studders, never smooth. When watching the Video in PC all is fine.

I have not upgrade any of the firmware. Are any of those updates to help with smooth 720 playback on the controller coming from the Typhoon H?

Video should be smooth, mine is until you get over 2000 feet away or so then you could be intermittently losing and regaining
the video signal which would make it look choppy.

One thing the H will do that I thought was strange is if your taking a video and then press the still picture button that
video will be comprised of all still shots each of about 15 seconds long. The first time that happened I though I
was loosing video signal.

Reactions: DroneClone
Video should be smooth, mine is until you get over 2000 feet away or so then you could be intermittently losing and regaining
the video signal which would make it look choppy.

One thing the H will do that I thought was strange is if your taking a video and then press the still picture button that
video will be comprised of all still shots each of about 15 seconds long. The first time that happened I though I
was loosing video signal.
Wow ! I have yet to see that happen on clicking a picture in video mode! Are you on the lowest HD settings? I know you are supposed to not be able to snap pics in video mode on the upper HD levels, i.e-4K:confused:

Wow ! I have yet to see that happen on clicking a picture in video mode! Are you on the lowest HD settings? I know you are supposed to not be able to snap pics in video mode on the upper HD levels, i.e-4K:confused:

I always use 3840 x 2160 @30 fps, but ya I have tried pressing the still button several times while taking video and that is what mine does.
I don't really see much use for it as you don't know where the camera is pointing.
On the other hand it could be just a bug.

Reactions: DroneClone
Ok first thing I am going to do is upgrade any firmware, then fly it again, but this time I will record my screen with my phone. If it smooth then all is fixed. If its still the same way then I will post it on YouTube for you guys and Yuneec to see if it gets that far.

Ok I updated the firmware and every thing is at the latest. I recording a 10 sec video with the Typhoon H on the ground and set it to look at the cars passing by. Look at the cars as they jump along, is that normal? It happens all the time. However the recorded video on the SD is fine

If I missed what frame rate had you filmed it in? Mine does not view that way on moving objects on the ST16
Maybe it is coincidental, they are both having carburetor issues on their cars!, Just messing with you!

I am using the SD card that came with the Typhoon H. However the video I record comes out fine. It just the wifi video to the ST-16 is always choppy never smooth. In the video above I was not recording on the Typhoon SD card. I just set the Typhoon camera to point to the street and recorded the ST-16 display with my cell phone to show you how it looks. I been told its suppose to be smooth. Is this how any of your is

Ok I updated the firmware and every thing is at the latest. I recording a 10 sec video with the Typhoon H on the ground and set it to look at the cars passing by. Look at the cars as they jump along, is that normal? It happens all the time. However the recorded video on the SD is fine

Something is not right, mine is very smooth.
What resolution are you set at?

Mine smooth too!, have you re bound the ST 16 to the H again to see if that corrects? Just a thought?

Last edited:

Not normal at all. Should be smooth video.

well I called them and we did everything to fix the studdering. But in the end, they told me to send it back to get repaired as something is wrong they said. :(

NNNOOOOOOO

well I called them and we did everything to fix the studdering. But in the end, they told me to send it back to get repaired as something is wrong they said. :(

NNNOOOOOOO
I feel for you friend ! But in the end, you will be a happy camper, Just tell them while they have it, to check out all functions on it, which they probably do anyways!:)

As long as they dont do a DJI on me I be happy. when I sent my P3 it for cracks, it took DJI 70 days to send a replacement. I do admit the replacement was a version 2 and was great, but 70 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval