Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A cautionary "H" problem, and fix

Reaction score
My "H" is now over 1 year old, and up until recently behaving itself really well. I download each of the firmware/software. I'm currently on the latest (B30). I had been happily using the newer feature of "Cruise Control" from last September's update, namely the "DPad" buttons for camera and trim. Last year sometime, I changed the font size on the ST 16 to "large" to make the data easier to see on the small tablet screen.
A couple of weeks ago, I had cause to use the trim control again, tapped the right hand DPad.... and the popup with the warning/instructions appeared. The craft was high in the air at this point. I tapped the screen to acknowledge/accept but nothing happened. I tapped the "return" key on the ST 16 and the popup went away, but the trim control wasn't working. To cut a long story short, I eventually discovered there should be 2 small "buttons at the bottom corners of the popup screen... left one says"cancel" right is the "OK" to accept.
These were not on the popup on my screen, and it turns out it was because I had chosen "Large" font before I performed the last update.
The simple solution would be to go into the settings on the Ground Station and change the font back to "Normal" right? In a perfect world, yes.
It turns out that Yuneec, in their collective wisdom, had removed the option of changing the font in the last update, but hadn't thought to advise people to check their font size before they updated.
Result.... you're in limbo land.

Yuneec Tech Dept's best advice?? "I think you could use the google play store to download relevant tools".
Seriously?
A fix?? ...yes there is one I discovered, but you have to do a complete factory reset.
I did that, after I did a total backup of the ST 16, and all now seems to be working.

My good friend "Captain Drone" has been trying to assist me during my trials, and suggested I post this here in case it helps anyone who finds they have the same problem. So, check that your ST 16/H trim controls are operating, because if you also changed your font size when you could... you've got a little work ahead!

Reactions: Rickster and GRH
Good catch. I was following your plight and was beginning to wonder if a factory reset was required. Android KitKat has the font size option but since running the latest firmware, I searched everywhere in the ST16 even thinking there may be a command prompt option to no avail. Yuneec took it away. Probably for the very issue you were experiencing, unfortunately the update you did, didn't reset the font back to the default size, doh... Glad you got it working again, Chris.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
Good catch. I was following your plight and was beginning to wonder if a factory reset was required. Android KitKat has the font size option but since running the latest firmware, I searched everywhere in the ST16 even thinking there may be a command prompt option to no avail. Yuneec took it away. Probably for the very issue you were experiencing, unfortunately the update you did, didn't reset the font back to the default size, doh... Glad you got it working again, Chris.
You would've thought that, if they're going to make large font obsolete by taking away the option to change....at least give us a fighting chance by restoring normal font with the change. Catch 22 anyone?

My "H" is now over 1 year old, and up until recently behaving itself really well. I download each of the firmware/software. I'm currently on the latest (B30). I had been happily using the newer feature of "Cruise Control" from last September's update, namely the "DPad" buttons for camera and trim. Last year sometime, I changed the font size on the ST 16 to "large" to make the data easier to see on the small tablet screen.
A couple of weeks ago, I had cause to use the trim control again, tapped the right hand DPad.... and the popup with the warning/instructions appeared. The craft was high in the air at this point. I tapped the screen to acknowledge/accept but nothing happened. I tapped the "return" key on the ST 16 and the popup went away, but the trim control wasn't working. To cut a long story short, I eventually discovered there should be 2 small "buttons at the bottom corners of the popup screen... left one says"cancel" right is the "OK" to accept.
These were not on the popup on my screen, and it turns out it was because I had chosen "Large" font before I performed the last update.
The simple solution would be to go into the settings on the Ground Station and change the font back to "Normal" right? In a perfect world, yes.
It turns out that Yuneec, in their collective wisdom, had removed the option of changing the font in the last update, but hadn't thought to advise people to check their font size before they updated.
Result.... you're in limbo land.

Yuneec Tech Dept's best advice?? "I think you could use the google play store to download relevant tools".
Seriously?
A fix?? ...yes there is one I discovered, but you have to do a complete factory reset.
I did that, after I did a total backup of the ST 16, and all now seems to be working.

My good friend "Captain Drone" has been trying to assist me during my trials, and suggested I post this here in case it helps anyone who finds they have the same problem. So, check that your ST 16/H trim controls are operating, because if you also changed your font size when you could... you've got a little work ahead!
Hi there. Where can I find the factory reset information. I have a big issue on my H (beep of death) after many st16 calibrations the noise would not go away. Before I call Yuneec I am willing to do a complete factory reset. Please let me know. Take care!

Reactions: Chris McMillan
I wonder.., the GUI has a font size option in the drop down menu. I wonder if connecting to the GUI and selecting the smallest font size (12 I think) might transfer over to the -16 the next time it was turned on? Sounds way out there but maybe worth a try.

I wonder.., the GUI has a font size option in the drop down menu. I wonder if connecting to the GUI and selecting the smallest font size (12 I think) might transfer over to the -16 the next time it was turned on? Sounds way out there but maybe worth a try.
Hi Pat. Before I call Yuneec because of the beeps of death is there a way to factory reset the H. Please let me know.

Hi there. Where can I find the factory reset information. I have a big issue on my H (beep of death) after many st16 calibrations the noise would not go away. Before I call Yuneec I am willing to do a complete factory reset. Please let me know. Take care!
I searched for videos to help, this was as good as any.... just allow for the accent!

I'm not sure. Someone else will have to provide that answer. I know there is a way to do that for the ST-16 but don't know the exact process.

Oops, looks like someone had your answer.

I'm not sure. Someone else will have to provide that answer. I know there is a way to do that for the ST-16 but don't know the exact process.

Oops, looks like someone had your answer.

Hi there. It seems that the ST16 factory reset worked. There is no more continuos beep when I move the right slider. I did a new ST16 calibration and bind the H afterwards. Also, I did the gimbal, accelerometer and compass calibrations. I flew it today and hovers perfectly and no more noise. I hope that's the end of that tune! Thank you guys!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22