Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A short hyper-lapse with time-lapse + cruise control

Use the normal setting, maybe manual is better once stable issue is improved.

I was looking specifics on the settings. I don't know what "normal" yields. Properly done, manual settings will generally produce better results.

30x time-lapse when drone in cruise control about 1m/s, and direct output from the drone
Seem still not stable enough, any suggestions to create more stable hyper-lapse clip without software post-processing?

Try DaVinci Resolve free version. Their excellent image stabilizer is buried in "Color" tab, a little pull-down called "Window" (middle-lower right of screen) and "Stabilize". I have the best results with the default settings. It's especially good with rolling shutter problems.

Reactions: Adamg1180
Try DaVinci Resolve free version. Their excellent image stabilizer is buried in "Color" tab, a little pull-down called "Window" (middle-lower right of screen) and "Stabilize". I have the best results with the default settings. It's especially good with rolling shutter problems.
we wish get the video directly then more convenient for end-user.

Linson, I shoot time-lapses videos all the time with the H plus. You'll never get stable video. It has to be ran through post processing. The gimbal for some reason, regardless of heading in a straight direction will not lock straight nor does it stabilize like it should. Here's one I shot the other day. Even after post editing with image stabilization, there's still some minor jittering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubik and rdonson
I’ve got a question (maybe off topic but..) concerning Davinci Resolve, maybe you can help. On my Yuneec Typhoon H480 every video I render on DR comes out choppy, no matter the frame rate, shutter speed or any other settings. Have you delt with this?

I’ve got a question (maybe off topic but..) concerning Davinci Resolve, maybe you can help. On my Yuneec Typhoon H480 every video I render on DR comes out choppy, no matter the frame rate, shutter speed or any other settings. Have you delt with this?
The only thing I can think of is your CPU or GPU is not up to the task. I don't have that problem with my Win10, Intel i7 system with nVidia GTX1070 graphics. Do other editors produce choppy 4k video for you?

Computer issue, not program issue. The computer is being fed more data than it can effectively process. Very much like trying to eat too fast, you choke and stop further intake until the blockage is cleared. You need a newer computer with more and faster processing power.

The only thing I can think of is your CPU or GPU is not up to the task. I don't have that problem with my Win10, Intel i7 system with nVidia GTX1070 graphics. Do other editors produce choppy 4k video for you?
I don’t render in 4K, only 1080P. And I have the same specs, i7, 1070 GTX. I can edit and render in the native windows video editor and it comes out smooth

Linson, I shoot time-lapses videos all the time with the H plus. You'll never get stable video. It has to be ran through post processing. The gimbal for some reason, regardless of heading in a straight direction will not lock straight nor does it stabilize like it should. Here's one I shot the other day. Even after post editing with image stabilization, there's still some minor jittering.

Do you set pitch as speed mode and fly with cruise control? These will make the video more stable, hence I agree it's not easy to get high quality time-lapse for professional shoot directly.
It's not hard to add image stabilization in PR or DaVinci, I just look for a method to get the time-lapse video directly, then most guys can get it and share in moments right now when we work in outside.

Reactions: AH-1G
Do you set pitch as speed mode and fly with cruise control? These will make the video more stable, hence I agree it's not easy to get high quality time-lapse for professional shoot directly.
It's not hard to add image stabilization in PR or DaVinci, I just look for a method to get the time-lapse video directly, then most guys can get it and share in moments right now when we work in outside.

I fly at extremely slow speed, lock the gimbal to straight forward and just hold the stick forward. (No cruise control on H plus) so I hold it the entire time flying straight.

Unfortunately, since Yuneec doesn't provide us the ability to shoot time lapse photos at 3 seconds, 4K video is the next best way to shoot and to also stabilize with minimal cropping.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval