Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

All kinds of warnings , no gps ect .

Reaction score
I just bought another H , maiden voyage I'm trying out the POI , and no sooner as I get it up and running (this also happened in manual flight to) I get a warning ' Land immediately re-calibrate compass" this happened a few times, and on the last flight it also said "collision avoidance failed " I'm wondering if this might be a firmware issue, as I think this drone may be an older version ?
I'm having a lot of trouble trusting these drones right now, I shall call Yuneec in the AM ,anyone out there have any ideas ?

I just bought another H , maiden voyage I'm trying out the POI , and no sooner as I get it up and running (this also happened in manual flight to) I get a warning ' Land immediately re-calibrate compass" this happened a few times, and on the last flight it also said "collision avoidance failed " I'm wondering if this might be a firmware issue, as I think this drone may be an older version ?
I'm having a lot of trouble trusting these drones right now, I shall call Yuneec in the AM ,anyone out there have any ideas ?
Have you checked the firmware version numbers??

Also.......on any first flight you should let the H sit, after bootup outside, for 13 min with the motors off to allow the GPS to completely update.

Reactions: Bonesamy
Several things come to mind, with the age of the H not one of them since the firmware can be updated on all of them..

As mentioned, what firmware versions are currently installed? Do you know where to look to find out, and have you looked? Do you know what the latest released firmware version is, and where to obtain it?

Has the system been successfully bound with both the camera and the aircraft? Do you know where to check for that?

Have you performed all the calibrations successfully?

Did you allow enough time for GPS acquisition before arming the motors?

What was the satellite count for both the H and the ST-16? Do you know where to check for this info?

Did you move the H after power up before the system self checks were complete?

What was the H's height above ground when the OA warning was displayed?

What position was the OA switch in when the warning message displayed?

Was the landing gear up or down when the OA warning was displayed?

Have you checked the firmware version numbers??

Also.......on any first flight you should let the H sit, after bootup outside, for 13 min with the motors off to allow the GPS to completely update.
Ok will do, couldn't find the firm ware # , I understand the latest is 3.0 , is that correct ?

Several things come to mind, with the age of the H not one of them since the firmware can be updated on all of them..

As mentioned, what firmware versions are currently installed? Do you know where to look to find out, and have you looked? Do you know what the latest released firmware version is, and where to obtain it?

Has the system been successfully bound with both the camera and the aircraft? Do you know where to check for that?

Have you performed all the calibrations successfully?

Did you allow enough time for GPS acquisition before arming the motors?

What was the satellite count for both the H and the ST-16? Do you know where to check for this info?

Did you move the H after power up before the system self checks were complete?

What was the H's height above ground when the OA warning was displayed?

What position was the OA switch in when the warning message displayed?

Was the landing gear up or down when the OA warning was displayed?

I looked on the controller "Settings" for firm ware # I do know the latest is 3.0 and I looked and found the down load page, watched the video .

Calibrations : Probably not or not sure, I was out when trying so will do so in stable environment, and out side for the Compass.
Satellites , 20 I think and yes.
Moved , no
height when warnings , roughly 40 -50'
Landing gear up .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shalinishn18